Englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
Just purchased a 25-PDV at one of my local HD, it is a returned unit and I told them I'd pick it up by this weekend if I can.

The stove looks good, they told me that "someone bought it and returned it within just a couple of days because a combustion problem, however company serviced the stove and found nothing wrong with it and it seems like a wrong installation by the owner...etc, etc"

I paid $999 plus tax here in CT. I asked the guy to please find the service paperwork so I need to be sure what was done to the unit, if something was done. He had mentioned that they changed the rope in the front (called gasket?), but when we saw the unit then he said "oh, it looks like the original gasket so it seems like it was not replaced...."

Perhaps the unit is just fine but

1. can I "formally" request HD to detail exactly what was done to the unit in writing so I have piece of mind?
Perhaps nothing is wrong with it and the unit looks like it didn't run much (normal little burn) and it is a bit dusty being in the hd warehouse I guess.

2. is that a good price for being a returned unit? (original price about $1,750, manager told me can't price it for less than $999)

3. I now remember the guy told me the instructional DVD is missing plus a small connection pipe that comes with it (not sure what pipe is that but he mentioned it was one of those flexible pipes used for dryer machines)

4. How can I get these missing items? Will Englander send them for free as a customer positive experience?

5. My other local HD has the installation kit for a 3-inch pipe, is that kit good and compatible with this model?

Would be much appreciated if you knowledgeable people can give me answer to each of the above questions,

Thanks a million.....!!!

anyone.....????

thanks, but I already know the existence of their website and looked there; there are some other questions that I'm looking answers for....

Don't know about the HD side of the discussion, but by all reports, Mike at Englander is very good at helping folks over the phone - I'd suggest dropping a dime to talk with him directly, and find out what he will do for you on the missing parts and the other support questions... I'm just guessing, but I'd be willing to bet that he'll send you the DVD as a freebie, but might charge for the other missing bits...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.