englander 25-pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grh372

Jan 5, 2015
western mass
i have a englander 25-pdv 2008 model. im looking to replace my current combustion blower with a faster stronger unit that flows alot more air. does anyone know of a unit that would fit and do this?

i have a englander 25-pdv 2008 model. im looking to replace my current combustion blower with a faster stronger unit that flows alot more air. does anyone know of a unit that would fit and do this?
Why would you want to do that?

Changing to a higher RPM motor is unadvised. Your controls are all set, to control, the RPM of that existing motor. You will essentially draw more combustion air in and exhaust more heat outside, faster...Not much advantage to that.

Well I think the blower is getting weak and figured if I'm taking it out maybe there's someone better to go in its place.
If you think the combustion blower is getting "weak" it is probably time for a thorough cleaning of the stove and vent. Oh and oil on the bearings wouldn't hurt. Check door seals and all gaskets for leaks.
Blowers either work or they don't. If you think the blower isn't moving air, something is in the way or the air is coming from somewhere else.
A bigger blower will only blow all the heat out the vent.

I pulled my combustion blower the other day after 6 years of operation. To my surprise, it wasn't too bad. Had a bit of black soot on the impeller that was easily removed with a brass wire wheel on a dremmel tool. I tried to remove the impeller, but she wouldn't budge with the set screw removed.
She burns a little better now, but not by much. I do the LBT once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.