Englander 25-pdvc blows out heat on left side but cold on right side

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gorehound

Oct 24, 2015
United States
Hi folks and happy Thanksgiving! Just as the title says. Once the stove heats up and the blower kicks on it blows hot air out of the the left (looking at the stove) right up to the middle. It blows cold air from the middle to the right. It's pretty much canceling the heat out. Does anyone know what may be the cause or if this is normal? I got the stove used a couple years ago and I only use it in my garage. It has done this since I got it.

Thanks

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 02.png
    ScreenHunter 02.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 234
Hi folks and happy Thanksgiving! Just as the title says. Once the stove heats up and the blower kicks on it blows hot air out of the the left (looking at the stove) right up to the middle. It blows cold air from the middle to the right. It's pretty much canceling the heat out. Does anyone know what may be the cause or if this is normal? I got the stove used a couple years ago and I only use it in my garage. It has done this since I got it.

Thanks
I`ve had mine in the back garage for 8 yrs and it is the same. That`s just the design of the vent path, the heat comes out hotter on the left side. It certainly would feel cold on the right side compared to the left.
That said, mine heats up the place nicely and has been mostly trouble free..

Happy Thanksgiving Gorehound
My 25pdvc does the same thing. I believe its the way the heat exchange plate is designed and the location of convection fan. If the stove runs for a couple hours it will warm up. Takes a while for mine.

Happy Thanksgiving Gorehound
My 25pdvc does the same thing. I believe its the way the heat exchange plate is designed and the location of convection fan. If the stove runs for a couple hours it will warm up. Takes a while for mine.
Thanks alot for the reply. Good to know it's normal. I only ran it for about an hour last night. I'm gonna head out and tinker here in a bit so I will fire it up and let it run for a while.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I`ve had mine in the back garage for 8 yrs and it is the same. That`s just the design of the vent path, the heat comes out hotter on the left side. It certainly would feel cold on the right side compared to the left.
That said, mine heats up the place nicely and has been mostly trouble free..
Thanks for your response too. Have a nice holiday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk