Englander 25 PDVC - Heat Outside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhalt1

Jan 23, 2008
Western Ohio
I am in the second year of burning with my 25 PDVC, doing great..................I have 2 questions:

1) It seems like most of my heat is going out the stack. I went out and checked to make sure everything was ok so far this season, and noticed there is a lot of heat going out my stack. There is so much I couldn't put my hand on the tip of it if I had too (HOT)

2) My heater motor is working good, but there is a vibration and it is driving me crazy, If I put some gloves on and hold the end of the blower it stops making any noises. I checked all of the screws on the side and they are tight, what could it be.

thanks for all of your help.

Erhalt1

The gas fireplaces we sell are up to 70%+ efficient and the cap can get over 400F.

pellet stove exhaust is rated at 500F +ambient max. exhaust temps can be fairly high. the biggest key is to absorb as much heat from the exhaust as possible. check for buildup in the areas behind the baffle plate and also sweep down the rear and side walls and top inside the firebox regulary. ash insulates the exhaust flow from the metal itself and causes a lower transfer of heat resulting in more heat traveling through the exhaust as the stove doesnt get to absorb it.

erhalt1 said:
What about the noise in the blower mower?

thanks so much

does the vibration increase with the blower speed button? have you checked for buildup in the fan blades on the room fan, you might want to check that annually , especially if you have housepets. pet hair gets sucked into the blower along with "dust bunnies" these could cause the fan to be unbalanced and vibrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.