Englander pellet stove, top auger wont keep turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jwiggle

Dec 10, 2023
maine
Hi everyone...I have an englander pellet stove, 25-PDVC, and the top auger will not continue to feed pellets after the start up. We have replaced everything from the motors to the control board. We just replaced the rope seal for the door. The stove will start and get through the start up but once the flame gets big, the top auger stops feeding pellets. It will turn once the flame goes out and i have a bed of coals but they dont come in fast enough to keep the stove going. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Thank you in advance!

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?
Maybe your heat sensor is loose or bad connection check make sure it is tight on back of fire box and also check plug on control board unplug molex plug and the plug it back on. Link has good pictures of thermal sensor.

https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/heat-sensor-for-control-board-part-number-pu-cbhs

25 heat sensor.jpg

Also, check to make sure if you're not using a thermostat that the jumper is in place and tight on the control board.

Eric

just saw your post--might want to check the set screw holding the feed auger to the motor. Mine loosened up and it would feed a lil while but would eventually lock the auger. I snugged it up and it's been working perfectly

Reactions: ARC