Englander 25-PDVC overfeeding. Motor or Circuit Board?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tunnelmath

Mar 1, 2022
Maine
Hello!
My stove has been running hot since it was installed 2 years ago.
Now that I finished the basement and I am spending time down there, I realized the heat has become a problem.

My settings:
Year: 2018
Feed: 1
Fan: 1
LFF: 1
LBA: 4
OAT: 1
Restrictor Plate: fully closed
Operating Mode: D

Even on this low setting, it heats up the 600+Sqft basement with the upstairs door open to over 80 degrees. It goes through a full 40 lbs of pellets in about 7 hours.

I've seen some talk of incorrect 1RPM labeled motors actually running at 2RPM.

I swapped the lower motor and upper motor electrical leads in order to get a constant runtime to the upper auger motor. Marking the auger and timing rotations, sure enough it makes 1 full rotation in about 32 seconds. Next I swapped the upper and lower motors as they are each identical part numbers. Exact same 32 second rotation time with the other motor. 1 full rotation in 30 seconds is 2RPM and NOT the 1RPM the motors are both labeled for.

Both motors are PU-047040 and are marked with motor production number 0098 and 0100, so likely the same manufacturing run.

Given my situation, do you think my issue is with a motor incorrectly running at 2RPM vs 1RPM, or do you think the Circuit Board is the cause?
Prior to me swapping the motors or timing the RPM's, the Englander tech seem to think it was the board. I don't see how the board would make a 1RPM motor run at 2RPM?

Both motor and board are expensive and I really don't want to order the wrong part!

Thanks!

Greetings, is this stove installed used or are you the original owner ? Is the label still on the motors stating RPM..?

If you're the original owner and was installed new, I'd contact Englander for a warranty replacement of both motors. There's nothing on the board that is going to make a 1 RPM motor turn at 2.

Eric

If you're the original owner and was installed new, I'd contact Englander for a warranty replacement of both motors. There's nothing on the board that is going to make a 1 RPM motor turn at 2.
Agree, contact them. Thought there was a thread that factory had installed wrong motors on some ..

Reactions: ericofmaine