Englander 25-PDVC pellet feed issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ed Churilla

May 14, 2013
pittsburgh PA
My stove is having issues with keeping a steady supply of pellets entering the burn plate. All systems seem to be in operating order--augers rotate as they should. I replaced both motors on 12/1 and until the past few days they worked perfectly. When it does stop feeding, if I take the upper motor and wiggle it and poke the pellet feed entry in the hopper the supply restarts. And 15-20 mins or so it does it again. One thing I noticed when I did a reset the 3rd lower button wouldn't work. I could get the numbers to change on the 1st & 2nd, but the 3rd doesn't respond. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't worry about the third button. As long as its on 1, leave it there.

As for your feed problem: what kind of pellets are you burning? Are they small or are there a lot of fines? Sounds like something is getting jammed in there. Did you replace the whole assembly (auger and motor) or just the motor? Might be a burr on the auger that is causing it to bind. Easiest might be to empty the hopper the best you can, let the rest burn out, then pull the auger and check it.

Does your stove have a hopper lid switch?

Eric

found out from Mike at Englander support that there's a restrict or plate at the bottom of the feed hopper. Removed it and it seems to be cycling as it should. Also tightened up the set screws on both auger motors. yay