Englander 25-pdvc seasonal cleaning and tear down.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
So 3 days ago I took my stove out of the house for a good cleaning, tear down, gasket repair and a room blower change out since it made a nasty ass hum in blower 4 setting. What all should I do/ change since I have never tore this down this far?
I bought it used last year and only replaced an auger motor.
Thanks

If you have a hum with the power turned down you may want to look into cleaning out the convection blower. All of the motors should be cleaned out, carbon chipped from the feed tube, ignition tube vacuumed, air hoses blown out and reset, combustion box blown out and all the ashes removed.

You're kinda asking a lot. Start tearing it up and then come back with specific questions.

So 3 days ago I took my stove out of the house for a good cleaning, tear down, gasket repair and a room blower change out since it made a nasty ass hum in blower 4 setting. What all should I do/ change since I have never tore this down this far?
I bought it used last year and only replaced an auger motor.
Thanks
Don't forget to put 3-4 drops of oil (3 in 1 in blue can, or any straight 20W non-detergent) in the convection blower oiling tubes after you clean it.

If you're not sure where to oil, look below....if you have the yellow plugs, pull them out, and replace them after oiling.

Attachments

• blower lube ports.jpg
    blower lube ports.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 369
  • ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 278
already address the combustion blower, just waiting on picking up a new gasket for install, next will be the room motor, Already sanded it down and repainted it so 7 years of wear and tear is gone and it looks good as new. :)
2012-08-02_18-21-01_322.jpg

The day I brought her home.
flhik7.jpg

i did the same exact treatment to my stove and even used the same exact paint! looks good as new now, cant beleive how quickly that paint dried.

If you have a hum with the power turned down you may want to look into cleaning out the convection blower. All of the motors should be cleaned out, carbon chipped from the feed tube, ignition tube vacuumed, air hoses blown out and reset, combustion box blown out and all the ashes removed.

You're kinda asking a lot. Start tearing it up and then come back with specific questions.

Hey Scott
Remember you ask me what we did?
See this thread with pics! LOL This link says it all!
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/cleaning-and-inspecting-the-englander-25-pdvc.69425/#post-873639

Great thread. I have been going through mine, though mine was a freebie I am showing it some love. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.