Englander 25-pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ajcorro

Dec 2, 2020
Ellsworth, Maine
Hello,

We have an Englander 25pdvc, I’ve just discovered I can run it with the fan on zero!?
My question is, will this create an issue with overheating if it runs too long without the blower on?
We’re in Maine, it’s not too cold today...but chilly enough to burn it for a bit.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

It will kick the high limit disc and shut it down. Problem with doing that is warpage of the fire box as it's not designed for high temps.

Reactions: Ssyko and Ajcorro
I ran it like that on low for 5 hours, it really didn’t get any hotter than with the fan on.
It seemed to have forced the additional heat out the exhaust. I don’t run it that way often, but it was a nice option for the temps we had.

Like I stated in the previous post, your firebox is sheet metal and it may warp from excessive heat and it it does it will compromise the stove.

Your stove is an old one. They can no longer go below the heat range for convection blower speed. Even though it is doabl it should not be done. There is a thermister that can be damaged from the ambiant heat. It is mounted on the back bottom of the fire box