Englander 25-PVDC tuning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackfire,
It was quite a process when I did it. Cladmaster really saved us on a very cold night. If you need it, I can dig up the notes I took. The process should be pretty clear from the above posts. The first step would be to find out what mode your stove is currently set at.

just bought a 25pdv manufac date 2011 will the reset work on mine ?

The reset will work on this stove, but it may also set the stove to mode 'A', you will need to change it back to 'c' by following the instructions I posted here in this thread.

Perform a Control Board Reset as follows .....

Do this when the stove is cold.
Unplug the stove from the power outlet.

Plug the power lead back in.

You must press and hold the bottom 3 buttons all at the same time within 4 seconds and wait 3 seconds and then release buttons.

Wait 5 - 10 seconds for the F5 readout display to go blank.

Unplug power lead - wait 5 seconds

To change the mode you will need to press both the up or down buttons at the same time, the 25-PDVC only needs one button to change the mode, the PDV needs both buttons pressed to change the mode.

Setting the Heat Mode
Heat Mode, the default setting is 'd' for the 25-PDVC, and for the 25-PDV it is 'c', but some control boards default to 'A' when a reset is done. Do not run the stove in 'A' or 'b' mode.
Unplug the stove from the mains.
Plug power lead back in and press both the up and down blower speed buttons at the same time within 4 - 5 seconds and then release the buttons, you should now see a letter (A, b, c or d) in the left or right digital display under heat range or blower setting, you need to change this to 'd' or 'c' using the up / down buttons below that readout, or in case of the 25-PDV you need to use both buttons up or down, once set to 'd' or 'c' wait 10 - 15 seconds then unplug the power again and wait 5 seconds. (Sometimes the mode that you want does not set and defaults back to the mode that it was in before, repeat this step to make sure the mode that you want is set.)

More info ...
If the mode settings can not be set using both up or down buttons for the 25-PDV, try the procedure for the 25-PDVC. (Both stoves use the same control boards)

Older boards ... (before 2004)
Heat Mode Setting ......
if the board is a "non igniter" board the procedure is different may require 2 people if the plug is on the other side of the stove , the up and down blower speed buttons are held in while the stove is being plugged in , in other words, unplug , press AND HOLD the up and down blower speed buttons , plug in WITHOUT LETTING GO OF THE BUTTONS then once its plugged in ,let go of the blower speed buttons and set the abcd mode with the heat range up or down. then tap the "on " button twice to lock it in.

Last edited:
We did all that there was to do reset from A to D mode and it started eating pellets like there was no tomorrow. Ended up setting it back to A. What happened ?

These directions are for a PDV or PDVC. Are you trying to use them on your EP ? The EP is a completely different stove.

We did all that there was to do reset from A to D mode and it started eating pellets like there was no tomorrow. Ended up setting it back to A. What happened ?

What year is your 25-PDVC ?

Then explain what it's doin
My PDVC has a healty appetite for pellets. Perhaps it is doing what it is supposed to.
You have to tell us more about the flame behavior. Pellet stoves burn pellets... the more pellets in the more heat out. What are you control settings?
You said that you replaced the auger motors. Are you sure the motors you installed are the correct rpm (nominally 1 rpm). Some are selling replacement motors that are higher rpm and that causes the stove to burn much hotter and consume more pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.