Englander 25-Pvdc upgrade to Drolet Eco45

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you mean englanders? But they arent really adjustable in factory mode other than on the lower 2 settings.

As far as the spruce points go, i have heard they are a very good hot low ash pellet. Between that and him saying " its clean" i see no reason it wouldnt produce enough heat.
The only thing i can think of is maybe, just maybe its possible the board was reset at some point and it reverted to mode A. My 25pdv's board did this. Or the previous owner played with it.

And the modes or anything to do with them are not listed, or mentioned in the manuals.
Awesome I will check all of this when I get home tonight.

I think you mean englanders? But they arent really adjustable in factory mode other than on the lower 2 settings.

As far as the spruce points go, i have heard they are a very good hot low ash pellet. Between that and him saying " its clean" i see no reason it wouldnt produce enough heat.
The only thing i can think of is maybe, just maybe its possible the board was reset at some point and it reverted to mode A. My 25pdv's board did this. Or the previous owner played with it.

And the modes or anything to do with them are not listed, or mentioned in the manuals.

Alright I changed the board to C. It was D. I also cleaned it out again and re sealed around where the combustion blower so I will start it up when I get home tomorrow. I also plugged the 1/2 holes in the burn pot to try that out as well. See what happens tomorrow.

Probably should only try one change at a time to see what change that makes and what change is responsible;)

Reactions: Cedarjunki
with capping the two holes and changing to C.. i would take my time first firing up the stove... start slow and keep a eye on it.. because she is gonna run a hell of a lot hotter than before...

Well it's a lot better on C. It was on D. It was around 14 deg C here today so the house was hot as hell when we got home. Not a lot of ash but some. Window was non see through after 8 hours of burning though...

I dont know what you had the stove running at but almost 60 degrees outside i would imagine anything more than idleing would make it like a sauna.
You should really either put it back in D or pull the plugs to see what is making a difference.

I dont know what you had the stove running at but almost 60 degrees outside i would imagine anything more than idleing would make it like a sauna.
You should really either put it back in D or pull the plugs to see what is making a difference.

Pulled the plug. Made no temperature difference. But I am back to more build up in the pot. Plugged the holes again.

Pulled the plug. Made no temperature difference. But I am back to more build up in the pot. Plugged the holes again.

If it was me, i would be shutting the stove down. And going in with a flashlight and tools to clean around the the exchange tubes. They need to be clean in order to transfer heat. I see many people over looking the top area of the stove.. mainly because if you dont stand on your head you cant see anything.

Does the pdvc has the little cleanout door on the bottom left corner inside?
Is it missing on your stove allowing heat to go straight out?

If it was me, i would be shutting the stove down. And going in with a flashlight and tools to clean around the the exchange tubes. They need to be clean in order to transfer heat. I see many people over looking the top area of the stove.. mainly because if you dont stand on your head you cant see anything.

Does the pdvc has the little cleanout door on the bottom left corner inside?
Is it missing on your stove allowing heat to go straight out?

I don't see a clean out door on this one. So I cleaned it all out again. Started it up. Glass was black again. Boy was I pissed. Ordered a new combustion blower and now it's burning totally different. Must be a lazy motor. I pulled the motor apart in the summer and replaced the bearings so it must be something with the motor. I dunno. Anyways I pulled the steel wool out of the bottom of the burn pot holes and it's been running over an hour now the glass is still clean. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.