Englander 25PDV Air Output Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bodeman

Nov 21, 2023
Litchfield, NH
Perusing forums here and elsewhere, I'm wondering if the room air output temp on my Englander PDV is lower than expected. My setup is as follows:
  • 25PDV
  • lower settings 6-4-1
  • Mode is d, (thought it odd for a PDV, but called Englander and they said the Default for a 25PDV built 08/08 is d)
  • The side round 3/4" holes in the burn pot above and below the wear plate have been plugged w/ Hillman plugs as several folks on here have recommended.
  • Pellets being burned are New England Wood Pellet.

After about a 3.5 hour continuous burn from startup at 8/8, the air temperature of the convection air coming out of the left most vent hole measures 127 degrees as measured 1" from the hole.

After about a 3.5 hour continuous burn from startup at 4/4, the air temperature of the convection air coming out of the left most vent hole measures 104 degrees as measured 1" from the hole.

Thanks for any insight!

I ALMOST think that it should be mode 'C'. That said, in addition to the side holes being plugged did you modify the burn plate? The two go somewhat hand in hand.

I've never measured my output temps but running on 7-9 right now and it cranks the heat.

Eric

Reactions: ARC