Englander 30-NCH now on sale $649

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Still working. $649.00+ $99.00 shipping. I ordred one 5 min. ago to take the place of the Castine upstairs.
joe

Thank you so much for sharing this info. I can hardly believe that the Durango store still had one stove in stock and still had it listed for $649 after all this time. I noticed this thread was posted quite some time ago. Well I popped out onto the HD site and changed my store and I could hardly believe it, but the price was still $649 and they had one in stock. So I tried to order, and the web site tried to get tricky and change stores on me. Then it tried to tell me I couldn't order that item online any longer and the price was now $999 plus shipping, plus tax. So I changed the store back to Durango and the price was still full price. I then removed the stove from the Cart and searched for the stove again and it found it listed for $649 again. Then I was able to put it in my cart and check out for the $649 plus $99 to ship and $29 for tax. I just hope it will fit in the back of my truck so I can take it out to my property and install it in my barn. My truck is a small GMC Canyon so I am hoping it will fit in that smallish 6 ft bed.

Thanks again for posting this. I missed the sales last year when this item was on sale. I really wanted to get an Ideal Steel, but my budget just won't swing it at this time with too many other projects that are going on at the same time. So finding one of these stoves at such a reasonable price is a gift! Thank you!

Reactions: BigCountryNY
It will fit in the back of the truck easily. No worry mate! Congratulations.

Reactions: Longsnowsm
Yeah. Small pallet. I hauled two, one at a time, up the hill in the utility trailer behind my garden tractor.

Just a quick update on ordering from Home Depot at this sale price. HD just sent me the tracking number for the shipment of this stove and it is coming from VA, and not from the Durango store. So even though it is a sale price at the Durango location it is not based on their inventory at that store. These are actually shipping from Englander.

So anyone wanting in on a fantastic deal on this stove really should jump on it before someone realizes that we are going into the heating season and pulls that price down off the HD site and it goes back to full retail price. I am feeling absolutely blessed and excited that you guys posted this and I hope everyone who is thinking about getting one of these jumps on this deal before it is gone. :)

Talk about pure luck stumbling onto this. I had already decided that this is the stove I was going to buy within the next two weeks. I had seen an old post on this so I tried a lot of random stores. I actually found that Poughkeepsie and Newburgh NY(where I live) were the cheapest at 900. This saved me 172 dollars after taxes and everything. I just ordered it a few minutes ago.

THANK YOU!!!

It's nice to see some folks getting a good deal on this stove. That normally only happens briefly in late winter. Install safely paying attention to the clearance and hearth insulation requirements.

Talk about pure luck stumbling onto this. I had already decided that this is the stove I was going to buy within the next two weeks. I had seen an old post on this so I tried a lot of random stores. I actually found that Poughkeepsie and Newburgh NY(where I live) were the cheapest at 900. This saved me 172 dollars after taxes and everything. I just ordered it a few minutes ago.

THANK YOU!!!

Congrats on your new stove! :)

Congrats on the new stoves, you will like the NC30 , you can load North South or East West in that thing.

I snagged my 30NC in '14 with this "technique".

I could not arrange a day off to meet the truck so picked it up at the shipper's local warehouse. They forked it onto my truck and I had a grand old time getting it into the house.

However, I love the stove and my only worry is do I have enough wood to keep her fed all winter?

I think Brother Bart is supposed to hand out tee shirts to new 30NC owners? (or pics of them anyway)

Just a final update from me on this deal. It is still live at HD, and I can confirm it is still being honored. My new stove showed up here at my house today! We are very excited and now have to figure out how to get it loaded up on my truck and road trip out to my property where it will be installed probably some time next spring. So a few weeks from now we get to go through that exercise! LOL

This is a great deal and am very thankful you folks posted this. I can't believe after this much time that the stove is still on sale. Everyone who is thinking about getting one should jump. Normally these sales come and go pretty quickly. I know I missed the sale last year when I was looking to get a stove and figured I had missed the sale again this year. So I am very thankful. We are proud new owners of the 30NCH. :)

No luck here, I had to choose the Ship to Home option, which is $99. It ships directly from England's Stove Works in VA.

i am gonna try a phone call tomorrow. My local store only has a ship to store option so will see if i can get it shipped there at the 649 price that durango is still offering.

You have to have it shipped to your home, or you would have to pick it up in Durango to get that price. Like someone else mentioned your not actually getting the stove from the Durango location. They are shipping it directly from Englander in VA. So your not getting something HD has in stock it is a direct ship from the company. Honestly for the $99 bucks to ship it your still coming out way ahead of buying one at regular price and it actually could save you some hassles of having to handle the stove yourself the store to your home or wherever your going with the stove.

As a side note: The local trucking company had the pallet jack and were able to unload it off the truck and wheel it right into my garage where I wanted it and I didn't have to do anything which was awesome. Now getting it from there into my truck here in a few weeks will be a completely different matter! LOL

Just a few weeks ago I tried my best to get that deal for a CA delivery but couldn't. I talked to several different people in the order delivery dept trying to make it work but the price changed everytime when they put in a CA delivery. Then they would have to check with a manager and they would say sorry. The last manager gave it to me at a sale price of 849.00 and then added complimentary 50.00 discount. Free delivery to the store where I picked it up. That was the best I could do. Ended up being around 870.00 I think. After adding everything up overall not that much more than the 649.00 price after tax and delivery. Its still a great stove even if you have to pay the full price.

Last edited:
Just a few weeks ago I tried my best to get that deal for a CA delivery but couldn't. I talked to several different people in the order delivery dept trying to make it work but the price changed everytime when they put in a CA delivery. Then they would have to check with a manager and they would say sorry. The last manager gave it to me at a sale price of 849.00 with a complimentary 50.00 discount. Free delivery to the store where I picked it up. That was the best I could do.

The web site was tricky for me when trying to take advantage of the deal. So what happened was I went to HD page and then I changed my store to Durango. Then I added it to my cart. I started to check out and logged in with my HD account to complete the transaction and it changed my home store based on my user profile for my account to my local store. I had to go and change my home store again this time while I was logged in. It still did not reflect the sales price in the cart, so I removed the stove from my shopping cart. I search again now as a logged in user with my store set to Durango. I found the stove again at the sales price and put it in my cart and checked out. It finally worked.

So if you have a HD login it will change your store and profile info to reflect what you have on your account. You will need to change your preferred store to Durango, remove the stove from you cart if you already put it in there, and find it again and add it at the sales price.

I hope that makes sense, otherwise it can get a little tricky. If anyone has a problem give me a shout and I will be glad to talk you through what worked for me. It should work for you also.

Can you tell me what lengths the wood can be for the NC30 in the NS and EW config? Just curious what lengths I will be able to cut the wood to. The HD site says 20", but I am curious if that is loading both direction or it it is specific to one direction. Thanks!

22" to glass front to back and 19 or so sideways

Cut 16-18" and you should be good to go.

It looks like they removed the "Ship to Home" option from their website? The stove still shows as $649 in the Durango location but the only option is "Store Pickup". Any ideas, or sounds like a phone call?

it's still on the website as $649 ship to store free for me here in RVA... ship to home option is still available too. And there is ZERO indication that this is "on sale". Just looks like $649 is the regular ol' price as far as the website is advertising.

It lets you put your store in? When I put my local store in, the price goes up to $899. Mine only gives the option of pick up in store. Maybe I am missing something?

It lets you put your store in? When I put my local store in, the price goes up to $899
yeah. it defaulted to NJ which is where the server for my work is located, but I changed it to Glen Allen, VA and it was $649 at both zip codes.