Englander 30 nch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Home Depot finally got the 30 in stock so I could check it out. I have to say I am very impressed. I was torn between the Lopi liberty and the Jotul f600. I must admit, the liberty seems to be very close in quality to the 30. Not much difference other than a smaller box, and the damper plate for reloads the liberty has. The latching mechanism is a little nicer on the liberty but not that big of a deal.

Overall IMHO' it's a VERY nice stove especially for the price. My HD has them in store for $899. My Lopi dealer is selling the Liberty for close to $2200. Thats a huge savings and not worth it IMO.

I do have one question. Does anyone have experience with the gold door? They say gold but Im guessing it's brass instead of gold plating. The Lopi Liberty is unprotected brass. My local dealer said his kid's punishment was cleaning it since it always was tarnished and looked like garbage. One kid was doors while the other was legs. He said he wished the good kid was door since the bad kid had those legs polished frequently.

For the price I'd consider the gold door but not if its gonna need constant polishing.

TK-421 said:
My Home Depot finally got the 30 in stock so I could check it out. I have to say I am very impressed. I was torn between the Lopi liberty and the Jotul f600. I must admit, the liberty seems to be very close in quality to the 30. Not much difference other than a smaller box, and the damper plate for reloads the liberty has. The latching mechanism is a little nicer on the liberty but not that big of a deal.

Overall IMHO' it's a VERY nice stove especially for the price. My HD has them in store for $899. My Lopi dealer is selling the Liberty for close to $2200. Thats a huge savings and not worth it IMO.

I do have one question. Does anyone have experience with the gold door? They say gold but Im guessing it's brass instead of gold plating. The Lopi Liberty is unprotected brass. My local dealer said his kid's punishment was cleaning it since it always was tarnished and looked like garbage. One kid was doors while the other was legs. He said he wished the good kid was door since the bad kid had those legs polished frequently.

For the price I'd consider the gold door but not if its gonna need constant polishing.

Strictly personal choice, certainly not for me. I kinda like the look of the black. Plan on doing a paint job similar to Bart's after the coming burn season. Really like his

Attachments

• Timber Ridge  30 N-C 005 (Custom).jpg
    Timber Ridge 30 N-C 005 (Custom).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 309
Didnt want to mention the 30 in your thread, because you listed the stoves you were interested in. But I must say that for the price..... You wont find a much better heater. . I dont have the gold either, but I dont mind it.

If you ask me, I think its a dam# good looking stove... Oh, and it throws the heat too...

Love mine. Only had it installed for a little over a month and had well over a dozen fires (testing and learning what it likes before the cold). The Liberty is a good stove (buddy has one and he also has the same Quad pellet stove as me) he loves it. But if I had my choice. Even if money was not an option. I would still stick by my 30. Nothing like having the ability to shove wood in E/W or N/S (preferred). Wont meet your 24" length. But nothing a chop saw or mieter saw cant handle (some forum members have made wood boxes that enable you to put several (dozen or so) splits in and run a chainsaw down the edge. Cutting all the pieces to length/ check the "Wood Shed" here).

You will be happy with the Liberty or the 30 either one. Both are heating beasts.

BrotherBart said:
You will be happy with the Liberty or the 30 either one. Both are heating beasts.

X2
BB .... Is the reason why I am looking for 30

You guys are correct. Now that I have actually seen a 30 I can see that it is a quality stove. It doesn't look much different than the liberty.

We'd be using the legs vs the pedestal just for looks in the living room. My wife is fine with a utility stove vs the look of the Jotul 600. My thought was if they gold door was a non tarnishing one it might fit our style a little more than a simple looking plain box.

I have to say I'm tempted. Good stove. We make our final decision on the 24th.

My 30 was the best money I ever spent, and I have a feeling you'll feel the same way.

If money were no object, and I had to do it over again, I would still buy the same stove.

-SF

SlyFerret said:
My 30 was the best money I ever spent, and I have a feeling you'll feel the same way.

If money were no object, and I had to do it over again, I would still buy the same stove.

-SF

I had $2,500 budgeted when I bought mine. Never been sorry. Well, there was a while there because of the defect in the first one and having to pull it and replace it with the replacement but that could happen with any stove. And I should have caught the defect during the driveway burn-in.

And with the 30 I didn't have some dealer's son-in-law's second cousin's kid working in the stove store to deal with.

Edit: About that defect. Instead of waiting for Mike to ship the replacement I put it in the back of the truck and went down to the plant. It was November and we don't have another heat source. Got to meet the man that designed it and sit down in his lab and talk with him about the stove. And he told me he was sorry about the defect.

Try any of that with a Jotul, Lopi, PE etc. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Edit: About that defect. Instead of waiting for Mike to ship the replacement I put it in the back of the truck and went down to the plant. It was November and we don't have another heat source. Got to meet the man that designed it and sit down in his lab and talk with him about the stove. And he told me he was sorry about the defect.

Almost like being at woodstock

I think a 30 in purple would be way cool.

BrotherBart said:
SlyFerret said:

-SF

I had $2,500 budgeted when I bought mine. Never been sorry. Well, there was a while there because of the defect in the first one and having to pull it and replace it with the replacement but that could happen with any stove. And I should have caught the defect during the driveway burn-in.

And with the 30 I didn't have some dealer's son-in-law's second cousin's kid working in the stove store to deal with.

Try any of that with a Jotul, Lopi, PE etc. :lol:
Can you call or email or text him 7-7 Sat-Sun and get a reply in minutes? hehehe With the Elm you can.
I gotta say if I had bought a NC30 instead of the Magnolia I would have been much happier with the customer service. I called once for the Mag and got the usual phone run-a-round. I do think their products are on par with each other but service after the sale is worth alot.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:

Without the bling. :p

Southernstock.

I am really getting into this thing about a gathering down in Monroe in the parking lot. If the guys in the plant don't wanna join in, what the hell. But I bet Ron England would love it. I know the guys in the shop would love to meet a bunch of people that appreciate what they do in there.

And truck lovers will really get into the line of dressed out Kenworths on that lot. Those things are what we called show hosses when I was jamming gears.

http://www.englandertransport.com/

wkpoor said:
Can you call or email or text him 7-7 Sat-Sun and get a reply in minutes? hehehe With the Elm you can.

Yeah. And I can buy one of their stoves tomorrow.

BrotherBart said:
wkpoor said:

Didn't realize buying wood stoves was like going to grocery store hehehe. Quailty takes time. Actual lead time will vary as they are obviously made one at a time but I'll bet you could have one way sooner than many a forum member has ordering other well known mass produced brands. I think average lead time is less than 2 weeks.

wkpoor said:
BrotherBart said:
wkpoor said:

Didn't realize buying wood stoves was like going to grocery store hehehe. Quailty takes time. Actual lead time will vary as they are obviously made one at a time but I'll bet you could have one way sooner than many a forum member has ordering other well known mass produced brands. I think average lead time is less than 2 weeks.

Want an Elm thread? Open one.

Whoops sorry Bart. I easy get derailed.

TK-421 said:
My Home Depot finally got the 30 in stock so I could check it out.
Overall IMHO' it's a VERY nice stove especially for the price. My HD has them in store for $899.

Just got one for $649.00 and free delivery about a month ago on HD website by buying online and fishing for the right zip code. Bought one last February as well for $669.0+ free delivery by ordering from my own zip code.

BrotherBart said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:

Without the bling. :p

Did someone say bling?????? %-P
Another Hearth.com shindig???
I am in dammit....I love the south.....
Have husband.....will travel :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.