englander 3500 any opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blel

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Southeast CT
A friend of mine is looking at a Eng 3500 that is 3 yrs old. Asking price is $600. Anybody have one of these or any comments? I did a search but didn't get anything really helpful.

Thanks

I assume you are talking about the furnace? Try searching 28-3500 or Englander add-on, you'll get a ton of results.

blel said:
A friend of mine is looking at a Eng 3500 that is 3 yrs old. Asking price is $600. Anybody have one of these or any comments? I did a search but didn't get anything really helpful.

Thanks

I have one. I am now in my third season with it. What imformation are you looking for?

Just your general opinion of it. Happy with it?, good points, bad points. How many ducts do you have split off from the main?

Thanks

blel said:
Just your general opinion of it. Happy with it?, good points, bad points. How many ducts do you have split off from the main?

Thanks

The stove has been good. I am on my third season and have not had any problems. I generally get about 6 hours out of a load of wood if you have the dampers just right. I have a 1500 sqft house with a full basement. I heat the basement because I have to dump the heat because it heats my house up so fast. I have 10 floor registers and the other night I measured the temps coming out and I was getting around 110-125 degrees. The stove handles the cold very well. Last year we had some temps close to zero and our house was 75 degrees. The one thing that I would mention would be to get a filter box and cover the motor and hook it into you cold air return. That is how I have mine and with it being hooked into the cold air return it helps keep the heat even in the house and you don't have any hot or cold spots. The only thing that I don't like is you can't hook the stove to your thermostat so it constantly pumps heat. It's not to bad but if it's a warm night you will cook. If you need anything else let me know.

Kieth

Status
Not open for further replies.