Englander 55-TRP22 not starting. Vacuum issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NewHamster

Feb 10, 2019
NH
I recently bought a house with an Englander pellet stove that I believe is a 55-TRP22. When I first turned it on the auger would turn for a few minutes but not ignite, then shut off showing an E1 code.

I assumed it was the igniter so I opened it up. There is power going to the igniter so maybe the igniter is bad? I also found this vacuum switch just sitting on the floor of the stove, wires connected but the hose was rotted and not connected to anything.

EB0CE4C2-FEE2-42E0-BCEE-9EF3554860B3.jpeg

I dug around for a replacement hose and hooked it up. It’s not the same kind of high temperature hose but that doesn’t seem to matter- I hooked it up and it does not make a difference. The auger turns, the pellets fill the hopper, SU appears on the digital read out, but no flame.

I also tried moving the hose from the black to the grey part of the vacuum switch. This time when I fired it up, it would shut off after only 15 seconds or so, this time showing an E2 code when it shuts off and then an E1.

I’ve done some reading online and in the owners guide online and I’m perplexed. I am sure it is a simple fix that I can do myself. Any thoughts from the experts here? Could it still be the igniter or should I be focusing on this vacuum switch?

you should have 2 vacuum switches: 1 hose goes to door hinge side of the stove you can see the hose or nipple through the vent check that it is clear and i'm sure the hoses are supposed to be on the grey side of the switches (both). the other goes to the combustion blower housing ck that port, hose, switch connection.

Back to your original problem about non-ignition: Do you see the hole where the igniter is glowing after a couple of minutes after you press the "On" button?

Eric

If the board doesn’t see a vacuum the only thing that will have power is the combustion blower. Also check your hopper switch if its open upper auger wont run