Englander Bargain?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooserider

Mod Emeritus
Nov 20, 2006
Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150107266376&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I can't use an Englander (as I have to have a rear vent), and it's a bit far, but this looks like could be a real steal for someone - or several someones as they say they have several... Looks like a place that does "scratch and dent" sales

It is an "ENGLANDER PEDESTAL WOOD STOVE FIREPLACE 50-SNC30P that supposedly is brand new, but has some minor shipping damage - they mention scuff marks and cracked firebricks... Of course we know where to get parts....

Gooserider

I remember when you could find bargains on Ebay. I have noticed they are far and few between now. I wish I knew what people are thinking when they bid on things. Between people buying items at near list, shrills and snipers ebay is becoming anything but a bargain. I will watch this auction and this seller though to see if indeed it is a bargain. I put my max bid in and am already outbid. I am now curious to see how high this goes.

Freight on it from Missouri would take it out of the realm of a good deal. They have been selling them for a month or two and they usually end up around $400. $400 plus three to five for freight would put it at what list price would be from a local store.

Not beat up.

Go down the Hahn Hardware or Lowes there in Medina and see what they can do for ya on one. I think Lowes gets eleven hundred and change including freight. And if ya don't like it they will take it back for something like 90 days.

I stopped in to Home Depot in Batavia and found out I would have to special order it. I will have to check out Lowe's next to my work. Your right on the list price and beat up. I watch vehicle auctions from time to time and find it amazing on what people pay for on ebay. Makes me wonder if sometimes they just bid high and then not pay for a game, just hard to believe people actually pay that much for stuff in not that great condition.

BrotherBart said:
Freight on it from Missouri would take it out of the realm of a good deal. They have been selling them for a month or two and they usually end up around $400. $400 plus three to five for freight would put it at what list price would be from a local store.

Not beat up.

Go down the Hahn Hardware or Lowes there in Medina and see what they can do for ya on one. I think Lowes gets eleven hundred and change including freight. And if ya don't like it they will take it back for something like 90 days.

I agree, only a bargain if you can pick it up yourself - the other reason I passed on it besides the top venting...

However if you are in that area it looks like a pretty decent deal - didn't look like anything wrong with them that a spraybomb wouldn't fix...

Gooserider

And a couple of firebricks, which I don't think are that expensive. BTW if the fire brick was in the stove when they broke the stove could possibly have been jostled pretty hard. Any opinions on this? I may put a bid on another if it comes up again.

Gooserider said:
I agree, only a bargain if you can pick it up yourself - the other reason I passed on it besides the top venting...

However if you are in that area it looks like a pretty decent deal - didn't look like anything wrong with them that a spraybomb wouldn't fix...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.