Englander NC30 blower noise?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slinger646

Aug 10, 2009
Appalachian VA
I noticed the air blower had a lot of dust buildup on it so I took it off and blew it out with compressed air. When I reinstalled it and turned it on and makes a heck of a racket now. What did I screw up?

The best I can tell, the noises coming from the squirrel cages

Not sure if you did anything wrong as they are pretty loud out of the box. My guess is that over time and with dust build up you actually quieted yours down a bit and the clean up made it loud again by eliminating your noise and vibration dampening system.

I never use mine but things you could try:

1. lube - graphite not liquid or it will attract dust
2. Duct tape and different types of noise/vibration absorbing material to see what works best. Be careful with this one to not cut off intake air or block anything that will make it over heat. Experiment and report back - I am thinking a piece of the stuff stuck inside car doors would eat up a lot of sound stuck on the S.C. housing

You may have inadvertently pushed the rubber grommet like peices a little too tight or loose or perhaps not seated properly. Mine makes noise when it is cold ,after unit gets hot it quiets down so bearings are getting tired. As they are sealed bearings not much can be done there.

Status
Not open for further replies.