Englander PDVC 25 heat exchanger tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you remove the impingement plate (above the burn pot) you will see a series of passages. I had the same question a few weeks back and emailed Englander and got this back;

inside the burn chamber on the back firewall there is a hanging baffle , you remove it and expose a 3 by 7 (ish) opening with a shelf in the middle, the exhaust pathway is (looking into the stove doorway) starting in the upper left moving down until it hits the “shelf” then from your left to right passing the upper half of the cleanout window, then it drops down again on the far right and travels back from right to left below the shelf. now just to the left of the outside of your burn pot but behind the firewall is the opening that the exhaust leaves the heat exchange area and enters the exhaust chamber exiting straight back through the exhaust/ combustion blower. it almost resembles a sink trap turned on its side, a “zig zag”

I have the same stove, and it is VERY easy to clean out.

interesting! that area is inaccessible for cleaning,ithinx, & the smoke dont travel that path. smoke can go from burnpot directly to exhaust blower via upper left of inner stove.

Chris04626 said:
what do you get in there to clean it out with obviously something very small

A piece of rubber garden hose with tape wrapped around one end to fit into a shop vac hose and a piece of 1/2" clear hose (for aquariums, etc) and you can reach clear to the blower.

Chris04626 said:
what do you get in there to clean it out with obviously something very small

I have a 12' long dryer vent brush that can be easily bent/twisted int position, together w/a shop vac it comes out squeaky clean!

Very similar to one of these;

Attachments

• viewpicture.jpg
    viewpicture.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.