Englander Pellet Stove 25-IP Auger not turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TypsyGypsy

Oct 17, 2019
new york
Hi im not sure if you can help or not, I have a older model pellet stove that is having issues. Its an Englander brand and the top auger is not turning on start up . It is not jammed and will run when bypassing the vacuum switch during test mode. However if I try and start it up while still bypassing the switch it doesnt run. We have replaced both Vacuum switches and hoses and are still having issues

Welcome to the Forums Typsy. was the stove plugged in all summer? is the hole the hose hooks to in the back of the firewall open? Has the exhaust vent been cleaned out, ck for bird nest, ash, etc.

It was unplugged and stored in the garage during the summer as we were remodeling the room where it usually sits. Before bringing it in we cleaned it from top to bottom. It ran for a while the first day without issue then the next we started having this problem. In our inspection trying to trouble shoot this we decided to replace the combustion blower since it seemed like the bearings were not allowing it to turn freely. After changing that out we are still having the same issue. We swapped auger motors to test that and again same issues .. even with the bottom auger motor in the top it only ran in diagnostic mode and not once started up.

Welcome to the Forums Typsy. was the stove plugged in all summer? is the hole the hose hooks to in the back of the firewall open? Has the exhaust vent been cleaned out, ck for bird nest, ash, etc.
[/QUOTE}

if it doesn't run with the vac switches bypassed i would have to say your looking at getting a new control board.

I'm confident ;) just make sure you unplug before you work on it. that board has line voltage all over it and it bites :)