Englander pellet stove model 25-IP/55-SHPIP/55-TRPIP help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bigbrat

Nov 1, 2016
Canada
I've got a Honeywell thermostat hooked up to my stove..the stove setting is on H/L mode so that once my thermostat hits the set mode..the stove will go into idle..until the temperature drops below the set temp..then it will start feeding more pellets again.
My problem is it won't always go into H/L mode..if a gasket is bad will it make my stove work this way ? Or does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help

What makes you say it isn't going into Hi/Lo mode? Some additional information would be helpful.

Eric

What makes you say it isn't going into Hi/Lo mode? Some additional information would be helpful.

Eric
Because even when it hits the set temp on the thermostat it still feeds pellets enough that the flame is high..before when it would hit the set temp it would still feed pellets like it should..but the flame would die down to a flicker..until the temp went down below set temp..then the flame would go back up

Because even when it hits the set temp on the thermostat it still feeds pellets enough that the flame is high..before when it would hit the set temp it would still feed pellets like it should..but the flame would die down to a flicker..until the temp went down below set temp..then the flame would go back up
And it is set in H/L mode on the stove

Have you checked to see if you're thermostat is opening / closing when the desired temp is reached? Have you checked to see if there is something bridging the connection on either end? Is this a millivolt thermostat?

Just trying to think of some of the easy things to check.

Eric

Have you checked to see if you're thermostat is opening / closing when the desired temp is reached? Have you checked to see if there is something bridging the connection on either end? Is this a millivolt thermostat?

Just trying to think of some of the easy things to check.

Eric
I Changed the glass gasket this morning and started the stove back up and lo and be hold that was the problem. Works fine now so that's a lesson learned