Englander stopped working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ToddPost

Dec 4, 2017
Bear Valley Springs, Ca
I have a Englander 25PVDC. My girlfriend called me at work to day and said it shut down. When I got home I cleaned out the hopper, started it up an noticed the top auger wouldn’t turn. I pulled the auger and cleaned everything out since I thought it might be jammed up. I put it all back together. No luck. The bottom auger was turning as it should. So is switched the top and bottom motor and the top auger still won’t turn! I’m thinking it could be the control board but I’m not sure. Any thoughts. I just don’t want to throw parts at it. Thanks, Todd

I had this issue. Turned out to be the control board. I made my own, and it uses all safety switches. I also added a high limit snap switch but may change it for a higher temp level. This will be the second season i have used it and it works well. Cost about 30.00 to make and took about 45 minutes to put together. Only thing it doesn't have is the ignitor hooked up. I just start it manually.

Have you checked your vacuum switch? One is connected directly to the leads to the auger, I thought its the upper, but I'm not in front of my stove so I can't comment. Could be the switch is bad or the hose is cracked. You can temporarily bypass the switch to test this scenario.

Eric

So..... I pulled the hose of the vacuum switch. No cracks or splits. The hole is clear. I jumpered the vacuum switch and the top auger started turning. I guess I need a new vacuum switch.
Or your vacuum switch is working proper and you have a vacuum leak, ie bad gaskets or plugged venting.

Reactions: johneh
"The hole is clear": The hole in the switch or the hole to the right of the burn pot on the face of the firebox?If you're not sure where the firebox port is, download the manual, there is a good photo of where the port is that I'm talking about.