Englander stove model 25-pdvc control board reapir?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kutch2001

Oct 25, 2007
CT
This is a great site and very informative reading.

Not long ago (today) called and spoke with someone at England's stove works (not sure who it was) and they walked me through the process of troubleshooting my top auger motor. Just before someone picked up I blew the control board doing some last minute testing. This was due to using an "improvised" fuse (very bad idea).

Did a search and couldn't find anything relating to this (stupid) question. Is there any way to repair a control board other than to get a new one? The bottom auger mower runs continuosly when plugged in, which is not all that bad as can always unplug it when not in use. But not sure if the control board being broken would affect temperature settings, feed rates, etc. It's unplugged until i get new fuses.

My wood pellet stove is 25-pdvc and manufactured in 2000. This is only the 2nd real year I have used it due to various reasons. Fuse initially blew about a month ago and been somewhat busy. It blew when I was using my kill-a-watt to measure how much voltage the stove was using as I was trying to determine the electricity usage.

Am currently looking at fleabay and craigslist for a used stove as the two parts needed are 'bout $350 (control board + auger motor) and figure can always use spare parts later. Have seen a used stove for 600 and then clearance stoves at home depot/lowes last year for 500-600 (had a feeling should have picked one of those up but didn't).

BTW, the tech support people there are awesome every time i have called.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.