Englander Stove Venting question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

houset

Feb 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hi,

I am installing my Englander Stove that i got last Feb at the Home Depot. We purchased the Simpson Duravent Kit with it. The question i have is regarding the appliance adapter. I can easily fit it over the exhaust of the stove snugly, but it does wiggle a bit from the weight of the rest of the pipe. So my question is that acceptable? i tried a 3" hose clamp, but it still doesn't quite get it tight. I looked at the instructions, and nothing in either Simpson's manual or Englander's manual talks about this. Maybe i am just being paranoid, and the little bit of wiggle is acceptable. This is just my first experience with hearth installs and any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Todd

My Quadra-Fire manual instructed me to use high-temp silicone sealant and a minimum of 3 screws to fasten the adapter to the stove. I did exactly that using those self-drilling screws.

in the "important information" section on page 2, paragraph 6 "use at least 3 screws to secure the pipe to the unit's exhaust blower.

it probably should be in the diagram as well, we are soon to revise the manual i'll have it added there as well.

sorry for the mix up.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Looks like i'll be making my daily trip to the Depot to get some metal screws and high temp silicone sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.