Englander update!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SOunds like a plan...I appreciate the help...my next thing is installing it. Im not too worried about the damper block off or getting the ss flex liner down there. My concern is how it "connects" to the stove...

Does is just slide in or over the collar?? Do I seal it with anything....????

I had the flex liner just dangling down the chimney (pour in insulation and a huge bunch of Roxul stuffed up as far as I could push it --haven't gotten around to a block off plate)...but, I definitely needed an adapter from the liner to the flue collar. Again, in my case, the liner came down a little off-center so I also had to get an adjustable 15deg elbow.

Can you get a rear heat shield for the Englander?
I had a stove in my fireplace. When I put the heat shield on it deflected the heat forward.
Less heating of the bricks.

You may have a problem with the blower. It fits in the back and probably won't fit in the fireplace.

brogsie said:
Can you get a rear heat shield for the Englander?
I had a stove in my fireplace. When I put the heat shield on it deflected the heat forward.
Less heating of the bricks.
Good idea on a heat shield!
As far as the blower goes, I have over 2ft IN the fireplace depth wise, I think the stove is 14" deep.....hopefully enough room to fit the blower...

13 has a built in rear shield. depth of stove -back of shield to front of top plate is 17 1/4"...not including blower which i do not have.

Great news! I should have enough room....pics will be due in a week or so

I inserted a NC13 into a masonry fireplace. I had to make shorter legs as the standard ones were to long. Since I installed Duravent insulated rigid oval pipe, I had to use the 30 degree adapter. The blower also blows out the top of the rear heat shield. I made a top shield that I bent at the rear to match the angle of the rear shield & then pre-drilled it to be able to screw it in after installation. . The front edge I bent using a 4" pvc pipe as a form instead of just a sharp edge coming out. At the top front of the stove I used a welders magnet as support & to stop vibration from the blower. This directs the heat out the front of the stove. I then plugged the blower into a cheap Harbor freight variable speed router control after leaving the blower switch on high.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.