Englander Wood Stove Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain

Jul 13, 2008
Central Ohio
For all that have the Englander wood Inserts, or know of someone that has one, what do you think of it?

A buddy of mine has an 1800 square foot home and I am doing some research for him to find a good insert, best bang for the buck. He doesn't necessarily want to heat the entire place with it, but heat a majority of it and put a dent in his gas bills.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks!

Captain said:
For all that have the Englander wood Inserts, or know of someone that has one, what do you think of it?

A buddy of mine has an 1800 square foot home and I am doing some research for him to find a good insert, best bang for the buck. He doesn't necessarily want to heat the entire place with it, but heat a majority of it and put a dent in his gas bills.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks!

Probably not too many of these around, since they are not stocked by Home Depot or Lowes (which carry the Englander stove line), and are a special order item. However, they are just an insert version of the 13 NC, which is well regarded on this site as an economical, efficient heater, providing good "bang for the buck".

Yeah I've never seen them in stores either, but according to Lowe's website, for my area, the listing for this stove says "Arrives in store on or before September 27, 2009". I was in there a few days ago and they did have the 13NC freestander already. Just wondering if this thing will be big enough to make much of a difference for him. I'm curious to know what size homes people have that are using these stoves.

The Englander insert is a little bigger than my Vista insert (I checked when I was looking, it wouldn't fit in my fireplace). I have 1900 sf on two levels and the Vista keeps it warm until it gets really cold out. It will only hold a fire for about 6 hours, so overnight burns don't really work, but I'm an evening and weekend burner so it works for me. If he's just looking to heat a majority of his house and put a dent in his gas bills as you say, I think the Englander would be just fine for him, since my smaller Vista heats the majority of my slightly larger house and has definitely put a dent in my oil bills. You can order it on line from Lowe's (it's called the Summer's Heat there--same stove) and they'll deliver it to the nearest store. You can also order it from Home Depot, but I think it was more expensive there.

fredarm said:
The Englander insert is a little bigger than my Vista insert (I checked when I was looking, it wouldn't fit in my fireplace). I have 1900 sf on two levels and the Vista keeps it warm until it gets really cold out. It will only hold a fire for about 6 hours, so overnight burns don't really work, but I'm an evening and weekend burner so it works for me. If he's just looking to heat a majority of his house and put a dent in his gas bills as you say, I think the Englander would be just fine for him, since my smaller Vista heats the majority of my slightly larger house and has definitely put a dent in my oil bills. You can order it on line from Lowe's (it's called the Summer's Heat there--same stove) and they'll deliver it to the nearest store. You can also order it from Home Depot, but I think it was more expensive there.

I just realized you have a Summer's Heat, so of course you know it's the same stove!

I just bought this for $999.99 delivered - ENGLAND'S STOVE WORKS 50-SNC13I NON-CATALYTIC WOOD BURNING INSERT

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(rcnr1345gbzss0ugutfg3enh)/productdetails.aspx?sku=4171286&source=GoogleBase

Gets installed next week - can't wait

Treehackers, you're going to be plenty warm this winter! 3 Big E's and an Englander wood insert--wow!

fredarm said:
Treehackers, you're going to be plenty warm this winter! 3 Big E's and an Englander wood insert--wow!

The Englander is for after work sometimes and weekends. I'll try not to run the Big E's while burning wood

treehackers said:
I just bought this for $999.99 delivered - ENGLAND'S STOVE WORKS 50-SNC13I NON-CATALYTIC WOOD BURNING INSERT

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(rcnr1345gbzss0ugutfg3enh)/productdetails.aspx?sku=4171286&source=GoogleBase

Wow that's a great deal. I thought I looked there yesterday and it was 999.99 PLUS shipping. I tried your link to see if it was the same as what I saw but it says it's under maintenance right now.

Captain said:
treehackers said:

Wow that's a great deal. I thought I looked there yesterday and it was 999.99 PLUS shipping. I tried your link to see if it was the same as what I saw but it says it's under maintenance right now.

Cut and paste the whole URL - the link does not work. I'm pretty sure that the free shipping is gone now, I bought the stove in the summer.

When I paste it the Englander Pellet insert comes up. I assume this is the link here: http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(3vzy2jvktstnzr45gtk1lvah)/productDetails.aspx?SKU=4171278

Captain said:
When I paste it the Englander Pellet insert comes up. I assume this is the link here: http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(3vzy2jvktstnzr45gtk1lvah)/productDetails.aspx?SKU=4171278

You are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.