Englander25EP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
macman said:
Matt F said:
I don't think the poster mentioned leveling the plate at this point?

Matt, from your post:
"While the stove was in use I noticed on this side there were never any burnt ashes. I had an air leak underneath this plate (probably got distorted during welding). Next day during cleaning, I took and leveled this side and no more air loss."

Not saying he did.....I was just referring to yours.

Ah ok, my mistake. Believe it or not I did see an improvement the couple of days I burned before leveling the plate that was distorted.

Matt F said:
......Believe it or not I did see an improvement the couple of days I burned before leveling the plate that was distorted.

yes, if the flat plate on the actual burn pot doesn't sit flush with the firepot "holder" (or whatever it's called), I could see where air could be sucked from the firebox and not go through the bottom of the burn pot...that could make a difference.

Well I guess Englander knows that there burn pot had a problem with the early models of this stove. Mine was made in 6/09 the tech said that the burn pot needs to be welded 100% around the top to stop air leaking. They are shipping me a new one out. I have to say Englander has AWESOME TECH SUPPORT!!!!

Matt F said:
Haubera, to change the factory settings, press low burn air->number shows in upper right window->simutaneously press both heat range up and blower speed up arrows->you will see number change.

I wanted to comment on this earlier.
Simutaneously press both? Why? All she has to do is press LBA and the speed shows in the window above the blower speed arrows. Just a single button press of the up arrow would increase the air setting.

Gio said:
Matt F said:
Haubera, to change the factory settings, press low burn air->number shows in upper right window->simutaneously press both heat range up and blower speed up arrows->you will see number change.

I wanted to comment on this earlier.
Simutaneously press both? Why? All she has to do is press LBA and the speed shows in the window above the blower speed arrows. Just a single button press of the up arrow would increase the air setting.

Gio, I don't know if that's true on the older models, but on the newer ones, after you press the bottom button that you want to change, you have to press BOTH the up or down buttons at the same time to make a change. My 10-cpm works that way too.

OK, Lesson learned.(for me anyway) I should not have assumed the controls are identical or operate the same way on all models.

sc0872 said:
Well I guess Englander knows that there burn pot had a problem with the early models of this stove. Mine was made in 6/09 the tech said that the burn pot needs to be welded 100% around the top to stop air leaking. They are shipping me a new one out. I have to say Englander has AWESOME TECH SUPPORT!!!!

SC,
Thanks for passing the info on. My unit was built the same month and is only tack welded too. I'll be calling tomorrow to get a new burn pot as well. take care

Well I have sealed my burn pot. I also found a little weld BB that was keeping the burn pot from making a good seal when you install it. What a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.