Englander25EP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll trade you.

I've got the same stove, my lower settings are 1-5-1. Stove came preset this way, and seems to burn best no matter the pellet brand. Any idea what your lower settings are?
-Matt

I have tried adjusting air more and less but still the same on 141 which is what it was set at when I bought it.

How do you get them to adjust? My blower is set at 4, and it won't go above that. I'd like to see if more air would help it stop ashing up the window so much, but it won't let me.

sc0872 said:
No matter what I do I keep getting big flames. Can some one help me.

Can you be more specific, or post pics? And what have you done? And why are "big flames" a problem? Are they "lazy flames"?

In general, we need more info than you provided.

Haubera, to change the factory settings, press low burn air->number shows in upper right window->simutaneously press both heat range up and blower speed up arrows->you will see number change.

SC0872, a point about my stove for you to compare-on heat ranges 1-2 flame is short and white in color. Heat range 3 and higher the flame will continuously bounce off the heat plate

Haubera said:
How do you get them to adjust? My blower is set at 4, and it won't go above that. I'd like to see if more air would help it stop ashing up the window so much, but it won't let me.

Are you talking about the "regular" heat & blower settings, or the bottom 3 buttons?

sc0872 said:
My flames are always going off the heat plate up and over. Also black smoke tips.

If the flames are tall, orange with blackish tips, that sounds like classic dirty stove.....not enough burn air going through the burn pot.

SC0872, Early on I felt as if the stove wasn't quite burning to it's fullest potential. something I notice on my burn pot and this may be the case with yours-The plate that surrounds the burn pot isn't completed weld. I'm sure this is intentional however if you look at the picture I attached, and the arrow on the left side, you will see the space I'm talking about. I sealed the space between the burn pot and plate with DAP high heat mortar. After sealing I replaced the burn pot and started out with a small fire for about an hour. If you look at the picture again you will see an arrow on the right side pointing to burn pot holder plate. While the stove was in use I noticed on this side there were never any burnt ashes. I had an air leak underneath this plate (probably got distorted during welding). Next day during cleaning, I took and leveled this side and no more air loss. What a difference! Maybe you are having the same problem I had, who knows-good luck

Attachments

• Burnpot.jpg
    Burnpot.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 487
Matt F said:
Haubera, to change the factory settings, press low burn air->number shows in upper right window->simutaneously press both heat range up and blower speed up arrows->you will see number change.
Ah, I was just pushing one "up" button.

macman said:
Haubera said:

Are you talking about the "regular" heat & blower settings, or the bottom 3 buttons?
It was the bottom 3. Getting more comfortable with the idea of changes.

Haubera said:
macman said:
Haubera said:

It was the bottom 3. Getting more comfortable with the idea of changes.

Don't change the factory settings unless you have a good reason to. What did the stove come from the factory set to on the bottom buttons?

I have increased the low burn air to 7 and the flames look better glass is staying clean longer. However they are still tall and go over the plate onto the tubes.

Well as of this morning before I left the house the glass had a little black on the lower side glass sections and the upper part of the glass had a little white on it. I still have the air setting turned up not sure if that would cause the white. Will check tonight after work so then it will be almost 24 hours of burn time.

Arnold said:
macman said:
sc0872 said:
Sealed the cracks tonight ......

Cracks in what? :eek:hh:

MM........read post # 12

Oh, that. I hate to disagree with the poster, Matt F, but I seriously doubt sealing that vertical piece made any difference. That piece around the top is just to keep pellets from jumping over the burnpot.....the burn air comes from below the pot, not above the flat plate that piece is welded to.....that's why they just used small "tack" welds.

Any improvement he got was from leveling the plate, not sealing that seam.

sc0872 said:
Well as of this morning before I left the house the glass had a little black on the lower side glass sections and the upper part of the glass had a little white on it. I still have the air setting turned up not sure if that would cause the white. Will check tonight after work so then it will be almost 24 hours of burn time.

What air setting do you have turned up? Blower speed or low burn air

macman said:
Arnold said:
macman said:
sc0872 said:
Sealed the cracks tonight ......

Cracks in what? :eek:hh:

MM........read post # 12

Oh, that. I hate to disagree with the poster, Matt F, but I seriously doubt sealing that vertical piece made any difference. That piece around the top is just to keep pellets from jumping over the burnpot.....the burn air comes from below the pot, not above the flat plate that piece is welded to.....that's why they just used small "tack" welds.

Any improvement he got was from leveling the plate, not sealing that seam.

I don't think the poster mentioned leveling the plate at this point? I agree, sealing the vertical space in the corners of the pot would not improve anything
The burnpot has an air gap between the pot and horizontal surround plate. After sealing this gap I noticed an improvement in burn quality and length in burn time.

Matt F said:
I don't think the poster mentioned leveling the plate at this point?

Matt, from your post:
"While the stove was in use I noticed on this side there were never any burnt ashes. I had an air leak underneath this plate (probably got distorted during welding). Next day during cleaning, I took and leveled this side and no more air loss."

Not saying he did.....I was just referring to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.