Enjoying a nice warm fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Cleaned the flue in the little Whit and sitting by the fire trimming my little Sphynx cats front toe nails !!!

Kitty loves to lay by the fire, so a "purrrfect" time to trim the claws.

She could clean the flue with them hooks.

Weather is finally heading back closer to normal, with rain heading in soon.

Glad to have a good supply of fuel in too.

Been a strange winter with most of Feb being warmer than normal here.

Ah well

Snowy

Had our first sub-one-bag day today, with me out of the office and allowing the Whit there to go out because of it, and the MVAE sipping pellets in the family room, due to 50 degree weather. Supposed to touch 60 tomorrow! Also enjoy the fire, but can't say I won't welcome spring this year. Nasty winter - two in a row for us, and this one not as bad as last. But for now, do enjoy that fire, Snowy.

I love watching a fire too !!!!

BUT

I prefer it be outdoors on the patio while enjoying a beverage on a summer night.

Nothing beats a relaxing fire in the evening, Feels like spring here but we still heat up the Living room in the morning with the pellet stove sipping a cup of coffee.

Been a very cold snowy winter out here in New England. While I love the look and feel of the fire, I'm very eager to put the stove to bed for a long summer's nap.

Reactions: Wilbur Feral
While the folks on the east coast got there butt handed to them this winter, we have had wet weather interspersed with stretches of unusually warm/dry weather.

The nights have been cool and required that we keep a stove running.

The last two nights we have left the stove off, but this leaves things a bit chilly in the morning.

I just started the Little Whit a few minutes ago while the coffee was getting up and going.

It's raining this morning, with more on the way.

Sadly the mts to our east that should have 60 to 120 inches of snow on the ground at the 5000 ft level are BARE

If March goes out like a lion we might get a little bit up there, but it's not looking good.

Strange winter.

My guess is the Govmnt is playing with their Haarp again and screwing with the weather.

I love sitting with my coffee in the late morning watching this mountain of snow melt:)

spring is def. welcome here! it was a tough winter. i run my stove some years till june here in NY. (very early june). usually goes from full on, down to settings of more like 3 during the day, 7 at night, then 3 all around then off during day and 2 and night then off for the summer. towards the end of the spring i tend to run it more on thermostat mode than anything else. the dead of winter i just crank the stat to 99 and use the stove settings to control it as i want that steady heat pouring out.
I dont miss it, as we only really get 4-5 months a year when the stove isnt on for at least some of the day.

The St. Croix only ran twice from Monday evening until sometime early this morning (it was shutting down when I got up). Used less than 1/2 a bag in that stove. the downstairs stove still went thru 1.5 bags a day, but it is trying to keep the foundation warm and residual heat comes up the stairs.

That all changes today as it was snowing when I left for work and the wind is doing more than whistling Dixie today, so expect the SC to start picking up the pace again. More snow expected this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.