Enjoying Life by the Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Ed

Good Morning All and Happy Holidays!

I'm just posting to say "ain't it wonderful to sit by the fire!" We are enjoying our first full season of wood heat (we installed our Buck 21 last February) and about the most stressful thing we deal with (and by "we", I mean "me") is getting the fire going again in the morning which is just a little tending and blowing. We love it so far and are anxious to see how we fair in the coldest part of the winter.

Best to all!

Don Ed & Lisa
Independence, MO

Stay warm, Don Ed! Being quaintly settled in by the fire is a fine thing, until about April when you can't wait to be able to stop burning....lol!

Don Ed

You are right...It is very nice to just sit by the fire. That is what i am doing right now as i type this. I have a freshly brewed coffee (with a little baileys in it) my brand new book, the house is quiet, and the dog sleeping by the fire. Perfect morning!! Outside temp is 5 degrees C or 40 F

Let us know how your new stove works over the winter........

Happy Burning

it certainly is wonderful. the cat and dog seem to soak up more heat than we do.have a great weekend, pete

Yah you can't be sitting by the warm fire or coming out of the cold to a nice warm house, nothing like it in the world.
I have the best of both worlds, I have my gas freestanding Lopi Berkshire going in my Florida room to heat that area and a couple other rooms and plus I have the big Quadra Fire 5100 going to heat the rest of the house

Life is good!
Have a good Sunday everybody, this is a good day to relax!

Life can't get much better. It's been fairly warm here in CT. Burning season isn't quite here yet, although I had some small fire's for a few days a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to start burning full bore have all my wood ready to go for this year and some dead and damaged limbs in the woods around my house for next year.

Ed you mentioned a little tending and blowing in the morning to get the fire going again, check out this Fire Dragon my wife got me for xmas last year, it works great for restarting fires puts the air right where you want it.

http://www.plowhearth.com/product.a...al=&cm;_pos=&cur;_index=&cm;_type=&pcode=2917

Don Ed said:
Good Morning All and Happy Holidays!

I'm just posting to say "ain't it wonderful to sit by the fire!" We are enjoying our first full season of wood heat (we installed our Buck 21 last February) and about the most stressful thing we deal with (and by "we", I mean "me") is getting the fire going again in the morning which is just a little tending and blowing. We love it so far and are anxious to see how we fair in the coldest part of the winter.

Best to all!

Don Ed & Lisa
Independence, MO

Don try some pallet wood or construction scraps 2" / 10" makes great kindling gets the fire going again with little effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.