enviro cabello 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

uofsbolts35

May 24, 2016
Long Island, NY
Ive had my wood insert for 4 years. Brought it after a lot of research here. No issues until today :/
Today I started getting a vibration noise when the blower was running; appeared to be the heat shield attached to the motor. I put pressure on the heat shield and it stopped. When I released pressure, the vibration stated again. Suddenly I got a spark. Fan was still running but fan speed control would not change fan speed. I then got a second spark and fan stopped.

I removed the motor and switch . The red wire connector looks like the source of the spark. Tried plugging everything in and I get nothing.

sorry for the long winded post, but would anyone have any idea if my motor is cooked or my switch? Attached is pic of the connector.
Thank you in advance!!
chris

B5033FBF-3E6B-4CF6-A086-4C28265AF05E.jpeg FFFC8FF6-7AF6-4B3F-9327-87CAD1D8ACF6.jpeg

Sounds like you shorted the hot leg to ground. Typically this will trip the breaker in your service panel or blow a fuse. It does not appear this unit has an internal fuse. The first thing you need to do verify you have power to the unit . If you do you could make a test cable out of an old extension cord crimp 2 1/4" spade connectors on the white and black wires connect it to the motor to see if it runs. If it does not the motor is problem, if it does run you could then check resistance of the switches and speed controller with an ohm meter. If that is not possible make small jumpers to bypass switches speed controller etc. It looks like all the wiring is connected with spade terminals which makes jumping things out easy.

Sounds like you shorted the hot leg to ground. Typically this will trip the breaker in your service panel or blow a fuse. It does not appear this unit has an internal fuse. The first thing you need to do verify you have power to the unit . If you do you could make a test cable out of an old extension cord crimp 2 1/4" spade connectors on the white and black wires connect it to the motor to see if it runs. If it does not the motor is problem, if it does run you could then check resistance of the switches and speed controller with an ohm meter. If that is not possible make small jumpers to bypass switches speed controller etc. It looks like all the wiring is connected with spade terminals which makes jumping things out easy.

Thanks for the info. I put power straight to the blower and it switches on. I narrowed it to the speed control. After talking to a stove guy he said instead of spending the $100 on the control and waiting 2-4 weeks for special order, I could pick up the main component of the control (less the connections and wheel) for much cheaper. Picked up same one on eBay for $12.
Thanks again for the advise.

AD20C317-C3BD-43AA-84A1-D9BC693C7ADA.jpeg 7782F9F9-5EEF-40E4-8D1E-2513684F24D8.jpeg

Reactions: begreen