Enviro E3 Vent slider binding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

karayj

Jun 5, 2008
Franklin
SO a few years back I notice that the Vent bar was very hard to open fully or close fully and was not venting well at all.
I wonder if there is way of checking why ? where to start looking. I noticed a round tube next to the igniter tube that is 1 1/2 round that you can see right thew. It is part of the burning pot area so I was curious that would cause over venting. When I slide the vent bar closed I can still see right threw so what is broken? the vent plate that the bar is attached to seem to move when looking from the back or side or the pellet stove .

That hole(tube) is the air intake for the fire and should be wide open and clear
That is where the outside air kit is connected
The air adjust is just in front of the combustion fan.
I see you have seen J Remington's post on how to clean
and adjust. Feel free to disassemble and clean the stove
from window to top of the chimney

I have done annual clean out / I have done over 12/ The vent rod is no longer binding . Now it is over venting the vert are is all the way out and the flame is too quick. I can no longer control the venting unless I block 1/2 the fresh air vent , too much fresh air is getting in at the fresh air intake tube at the burn pot. Any Ideas?

To close off the vent push rod in
The best flame is at 1/3 to 1/2 open (dedends on pellets)

I know how to close the vent LOL I have owned this pellet stove for 15 years,. When the vent door is FULLY CLOSED is stll seems to be over venting and then when I open the vent door ( FULLY opening it BY PULLINING IT OUTWARD) nothings changes as if is does nothing WHY ?

If the vent rod has not been replaced with the vent closed the black knob
should be about 1/2 inch from the cabinet . If it is out more than that the vent slide points are full of ash. to clean you have to remove the combustion fan. You can see the slide plate from that hole. if you can not get it clean remove the combustion fan housing remove the slide and have at it.
Also, check out the vid on utube of the enviro flame and settings

I tried the other day my and it seem as if the door is half open and to rod is not going all the way in.
I was about the take the exhaust blower off but I only see 2 bolts holding it in , there are 2 on top . How many should I be seeing that hold the motor?.... I know I need to remove the vent pipe, but for the motor are there 4 bolts (top) of just 2?

looking at the blower motor there should be 6 1/4 in or is it 5/16 head bolts
self-tapping remove them and the combustion motor and fan will come out
May be stuck on gasket ( get new gasket from dealer or off the internet)
looking into the right you should see the plate clean and vac work plate
back and forth to clean groves If you have to remove the housing it is
4 bolts 2 on top 2 on the bottom

YEA!!!!! 3 years later FIXED!!!!

I removed the exhaust tube from the motor, I then was able to pull the pellet stove out more for better access.
I then loosened the 4 bolt 3/8 socket. I then hit he slide plate a few times with a long screw driver and it went in !!!
I then pulled it out and and it was back to normal . I then tighten each bolt one at a time while sliding the handle. I did this with all 4 bolts and it it NO LONGER STUCK!! .. The key is to tighten 1 bolt slid the bar to check then to the next one and so on. I am so happy thanks!!!
I am going to heat up the stove to make sure I can move it when it is hot. Now I need to make a new exhaust gasket that goes from the Chimney tube to the exhaust motor , could be a custom job it got beat up a bit on removal and re-install. Also need a ash tray door gasket and that's it.

Reactions: johneh
You are very welcome