Enviro EF3 (old) ignitor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckD

Oct 24, 2009
Upstate, NY
Hi all,

I have an Enviro EF3 free standing, manufacture date is 12/94. I think I need to replace the ignitor. It gets pretty warm but is taking too long to actually ignite. It gets warm enough that I've found if I push a small pellet into the tube and start the stove normally it will actually go, but since that's obviously not normal I decided to just replace it. (I have inspected and scraped the burn pot and made sure the hole lines up with the ignitor tube)

After some discussion with an online parts distributor I went with part EF-127 which I'm now starting to think is not the right one. It seems that after 7/94 they changed the ignitor.

Could someone post some instructions on how to replace it? Shoot, I'm not even sure I can find it. I've had the back panel off and can sort of see where it might be, but there's a metal box under the auger that it would be inside of that also allows the fresh air intake tube through.

Tried looking for the manual on-line at the enviro site but no luck. Hopefully someone will chime in that can give you some tips. Good luck.

Thank you ma'am. I have something called C-10800 Instruction PELLET Service Manual pdf's 1 and 2. It has schematics (which I can read) but not a good parts list or diagram and I'm not sure my old stove matches that one.
To me it looks like I need to remove the auger motor, unplug a couple other things and remove this metal box mounted with screws to get at the ignitor. Could that be right? I'll do it but hope I don't need to.

Hi all,

I have an Enviro EF3 free standing, manufacture date is 12/94. I think I need to replace the ignitor. It gets pretty warm but is taking too long to actually ignite. It gets warm enough that I've found if I push a small pellet into the tube and start the stove normally it will actually go, but since that's obviously not normal I decided to just replace it. (I have inspected and scraped the burn pot and made sure the hole lines up with the ignitor tube)

After some discussion with an online parts distributor I went with part EF-127 which I'm now starting to think is not the right one. It seems that after 7/94 they changed the ignitor.

Could someone post some instructions on how to replace it? Shoot, I'm not even sure I can find it. I've had the back panel off and can sort of see where it might be, but there's a metal box under the auger that it would be inside of that also allows the fresh air intake tube through.

Bump. Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.