Enviro Emperess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eautoguy

Mar 22, 2023
Massachusetts
Hi all I 'm new to the forum. I have an enviro emperess insert stove about 4 yrs old been and still works fine. But one concern after the stove is shut off the circuit board intermittently clicks like a relay pulling in and out. Not constantly. And after a few hours it stops. I cleaned the stove completely a few weeks ago because it was due. I always keep the burn pot clean and the holes port and vac it out after 3 bags or so. As I say it run fine. Thanks. It's not a cool down heat contraction noise it appears to come from the control board area or at least that side of the stove.

Welcome to the forum
You may not get many replies ! Without being there to diagnose
the noise in your stove would be all speculation. The only thing
that comes to my mind is that the igniter is turning on/off
because it is the only thing that would turn on and not make any
other noise. For example the combustion fan. The noise is most
likely from the board! But like I said without being there it is hard to say

If its the insert, and you are in a windy area, my Empress used to physically click the vacuum switch occasionally even with the unit off- you can hear it if the unit is off and quiet. Drove me nuts until I found out what it was. Good luck with yours, had mine for 12 years, have swapped back to a propane heater in its place, but the Empress did her work very well.

Welcome to the forum
You may not get many replies ! Without being there to diagnose
the noise in your stove would be all speculation. The only thing
that comes to my mind is that the igniter is turning on/off
because it is the only thing that would turn on and not make any
other noise. For example the combustion fan. The noise is most
likely from the board! But like I said without being there it is hard to say
Ok
If its the insert, and you are in a windy area, my Empress used to physically click the vacuum switch occasionally even with the unit off- you can hear it if the unit is off and quiet. Drove me nuts until I found out what it was. Good luck with yours, had mine for 12 years, have swapped back to a propane heater in its place, but the Empress did her work very well.
Thanks does it without wind.