Enviro Empress FS Heat Tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hardy

Jan 8, 2019
WA
Has anyone ever had to replace the Heat exchanger Tubes?

Found a little hole in one of the tubes when cleaning out.

If so where can I purchase them?
Are they able to be replaced?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Does it look similar to this? Just found mine last night.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NJ7oa28iDZHBSSeWA

I know a few years back I found a write up on a guy that replaced some heat exchanger tubes... but wouldn't you know, now that mine take a poo I can't find it.

Let me know what you find out. My brother welds for a living, I'm not afraid of it, it is only steel. I'm not a doctor, but we are going to open it up and take a look.

Not usually a consumer replaceable item. They are usually installed during the fabrication of the stove and either welded or swaged into place with special tools.

Not usually a consumer replaceable item. They are usually installed during the fabrication of the stove and either welded or swaged into place with special tools.

I don't think I am a usual consumer. Obviously not a five minute bolt on repair. It is a metal box, it can be fixed. Just trying to get an idea of what it will take to get the job done. I may be a special tool!

Well you will probably have to use a plasma cutter and open up the fire box. Cut out the old tubes and match up to new ones and reinstall and weld the stove back together.

It is an '02 magnum 7500 furnace, so not under warranty anymore. I really liked it, have a lot of new parts in it and it burned well... until it didn't burn well any more. Just have to see if I think it is worth the effort to fix. I think it sat in a moist basement for a few years, not cleaned out, and that was really hard on it.

You could go to your local machine shop with the diameter and thickness of the tubes and they should be able to set you up fairly cheap.. Ask for their cut offs and cut to size yourself as you will save 5-10 $$ by not having them cut to length.

Yep, that is the plan. I have a pretty good supply of tubing myself, couple mig welders, tig welder, mill, lathe, etc. Just haven't had the top of the furnace off to see what all it is going to take to get down to the tubes and get them replaced.

It is an '02 magnum 7500 furnace, so not under warranty anymore. I really liked it, have a lot of new parts in it and it burned well... until it didn't burn well any more. Just have to see if I think it is worth the effort to fix. I think it sat in a moist basement for a few years, not cleaned out, and that was really hard on it.

As I posted to you the exchangers were crap. Not really worth the fix. Sent our 6500 to the scrap yard. Good luck though.