Enviro Empress Project Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fly4fish207

Sep 15, 2017
Wells, Maine
So for the longest time I was set on the Castle Serenity stove, due to it's decent looks, price point, and solid reviews. I simply couldn't afford a nice/traditional looking Quad or the like, that is until this weekend. Two Enviro Empress's came up for sale this past weekend locally, one in perfect working condition for $500, and one that wasn't running properly for $400. I really wanted the perfect running one but someone else beat me too it. The seller was determined to have both gone so he told me he'd give me the one that needed work for $200. I figured this was too good a deal to pass up. Located and called my local Enviro dealer and asked their thoughts and about servicing it and he said it may just need a good cleaning, so we bought it.

There was very little cosmetic rust on the exterior which I've already cleaned, some on the inside of the firebox (stove was used in a finished basement = humidity) but wasnt run at all since fall of 2016. The seller just upgraded to radiant floor heat and decided to give up on lugging pellets. I'm told he went to fire it up that fall, it shut itself off and he never revisited it after that. Just a simple inspection of internal components reveals a lot of dust bunnies!
Pellet Stove.jpg

It's a beautiful stove! Planning on dropping it off at the dealer this Saturday so they can run through it top to bottom and diagnose and fix any issues. Need the rest of hurricane Jose to pass to get it there dry! In the meantime I've bought materials to make myself a nice tiled hearth pad and will also purchase the intake and exhaust kits.

Needless to say, I'm pumped! I hope they can give it a clean bill of health for less than I would have paid for the Serenity. Can't wait for the first chilly night this fall!

Reactions: vinny11950
How did this work out for you? I'm in the same boat, looking at supplemental heat in my basement. Can't run a (actually another) chimney up the side of the house otherwise would put another wood stove in a heartbeat. Already have venting in place from an ooolllld now-defunct corn stove. So thinking of looking for a pellet option...

Did this unit get up and running?

Maybe I'm not seeing another thread about it. Just wondering since pellet stoves are new to me, and everything I read suggests they can be tricky, finicky, not work, etc. etc. unlike a wood stove which is dead simple! It would be awesome to read that this stove worked out for you, especially for what you paid!

No worries, if I don't hear from you I'll start a new thread :)

Cheers