Enviro Empress Recall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keys

Nov 25, 2008
Lawrenceburg, KY
I just contacted a dealer to get a new glass gasket for my Enviro Empress freestander. I was told that the door has been recalled due to this gasket wear problem. I just had to give the dealer my info and he advised me that he would send out the new parts. I don't know as of yet if this includes, glass, gasket, new door, etc. I will keep you all posted.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I didn't even know about the recall until I called for the gasket...So much for filling out the registration form.

Keys, I have a Enviro Empress FS and when my dealer installed it in April of 2008, he wasn't to happy with the door and told me he was going to replace it. About a month later I asked him about the replacement and he said he couldn't replace it after all.

At any rate I called one of the Sherwood Industries locations 6782 Oldfield Rd. Saanichton, BC, 250-652-3223 and the woman I spoke to was very helpful and told me that there should be no problem with the dealer replacing it. She thought the whole door was being replaced, as she put it "inclusive of the glass", but she wasn't positive.

Thanks for bringing this up! I will be looking forward to my new door.

Just click on the thread above from Boomer and within that thread you will find a picture of the new door (has little holes around it). It was put on by the moderator hearthtools and is at the bottom of the page.

If you don't have that door, than I see no reason your dealer wont replace yours with that one,after all it is a recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.