enviro kodiak woodstoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kellerclan5

Feb 3, 2008
northeast
Whats the deal with these stoves, they have been around awhile and I could not find out anything about them. Does anyone have any experience with this company or brand. I will share my story.

I looked at the stoves and was impressed with the fit and finish. I decided that I would place a order. I went to order the stove I requested brushed nickel legs and door. This finish was on the sales brochure which was made in September of 2006. The dealer called back and stated that Enviro did not have brushed nickel in stock because they had not started production of the brushed nickel legs and door. I then asked when they brushed nickel would be in production and the dealer advised springtime of 2008. The dealer stated that they had no idea that this finish was not yet in production. I quickly reminded the dealer that the sales brochure that showed the brushed nickel finish was made in September of 2006 ( 2 years ago). The dealer did not know what to say and stated that they could not control what the dealers do. Obviously the dealer is right.

I did advise the dealer that I was hesitant to purchase a stove from a company that appears so unorganized. I say appears because the company could be an excellent organization. I do not know I checked this site and could not find anything about any woodstoves on this site. Anyway I did email the company reference this incident and never did receive a response. I even left my phone number. This is when I decided on another brand of woodstove.

The stove appears to be well built with a beautiful paint job and 5/8" steel on the top of the stove. However based on the above situation that occurred I did not feel that the company and the dealer were on the same sheet of music. I just could not take a chance on a piece of equipment without knowing more about same. I therfore bought another stove. However, I am still very curious about the Enviro Kodiak woodstove.

Does anyway have a Enviro woodstove that could advise me of any information about theses stoves. performance etc.

At least one person on the Forum last year bought a Kodiak insert and loves it. I went to find one last year when I was stove shopping and the guy listed as a dealer here said he wasn't a dealer for them. I sent an email to Enviro pitching a groan about it and two months later the dealer called saying that I must have mis-understood what he said and that though he didn't stock them he could order one. Well, what he had said was "I have a warehouse full of Buck Stoves right now. How about one of them instead.".

I walked away shaking my head ruefully.

BTW: I think you meant 5/16" steel top. Unless you were talking about a Bradley Fighting Vehicle.

Yes I do mean 5/16" steel, sorry about that, thats what happens when you attempt to write at 430 am. Based on your experience it sounds like Enviro does not have the best communications established between themselves and the dealers. At least they called you back, did it take 2 months?

I am still hesitant to purchase any product from anyone that appears on the surface to be so unorganized. What if service would be needed? What do you think?

kellerclan5 said:
Yes I do mean 5/16" steel, sorry about that, thats what happens when you attempt to write at 430 am. Based on your experience it sounds like Enviro does not have the best communications established between themselves and the dealers. At least they called you back, did it take 2 months?

I am still hesitant to purchase any product from anyone that appears on the surface to be so unorganized. What if service would be needed? What do you think?

It wasn't Enviro that called back. It was the "non-dealer". Seems they forwarded my email to him. I think going and buying a different brand stove pretty much said what I think. Kind of a shame because they seem like really nice stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.