Enviro Logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy S.

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Southeastern, PA
Was in Lowes on an unrelated mission and ran across this product. Claims to be a safe for wood stoves and inserts but is made from recycled wax cardboard. Figured if they were no good for the insert I'd use them for fire pits. Added a single log to mostly coals about 25 minutes ago. It took off like a rocket. It is putting out great heat. Will be interested to see how long it lasts.Has anyone experimented with this product?

I bought Eco Bricks at Tractor Supply a few weeks ago. The package says compressed hardwood sawdust with no additives, $.50 each (pkg of six), and surprisingly heavy when compared to natural wood. Pretty dense stuff. Been saving them for the next real cold snap here.

Reactions: Andy S.
I burn the crap out of the enviro logs and the Eco bricks but the enviro log is my fav it heats great burns along time and are easy I'd say I have at least 8 cases of them right now and all most a skid of Eco bricks this is my first year burning so my wood was no where near ready these things and pallet wood are going to save my hind end.

I've been a bit disappointed in the TSC bricks. They smolder like crazy in my experience. I've only seen them in 3-packs so I may be using a different product. I loved the heat from the Enviro Log but they are WAY too expensive. This is my first year, too. My wood is probably better than most beginner's wood but I'm learning that my insert doesn't give a damn what my MM says. Most of my stuff is in the high teens to low 20's and my insert wants it dryer.

My blocks from TSC is a 6 pack I cut them in half they burn good that way. The enviro logs are $10 for 6 5lb logs they are well worth the money

My blocks from TSC is a 6 pack I cut them in half they burn good that way.
I'll try cutting them and see if it helps.

The enviro logs are $10 for 6 5lb logs they are well worth the money
I paid $15 at my Lowes last night.

My blocks are the smaller ones I gusse they make a bigger 3 pack of them mine are like 4x2x6. Iv seen people talk about bigger ones iv never had those ones.

My lowes don't carry them I get mine from Wally World and a mom pops shop here by me but they are both $10 for the case

Status
Not open for further replies.