Enviro M55 agitator replacement after 1 yr?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MattCorrow

Jan 28, 2022
Shaftsbury, VT
Question for all.. Last year, we had to replace the agitator, as the "teeth" were disintegrating. The one we replaced it with is now almost non-existent and has started to flex so that the teeth hit the burnpot.. Does it seem normal to have to replace this part each year?

I had an idea... What I could find is that the temperature in the burn pot gets up to about 800 degrees, so I thought that it might help to put a high temperature paint on the next agitator.. There are several companies that make a 1200 degree paint, and one that makes a 1400 degree paint.. Has anyone tried this, and does it seem reasonable to try?

The agitator should not degrade so quickly. I am on year 12 with the original one. It is worn down, but still does the job.

What type of pellets are you burning? Have you contacted the dealer/Enviro about this?

I doubt high temp paint is not going to help any. Don't waste your money.

Reactions: DevinM88
Thanks for the reply.. Sorry it took a while to get back to the forum. It could be that this agitator was not very good quality. Yes, although the high temp paint seemed like a good idea, it burned off while trying to "cure" it (in the stove, not sure how else to do it)..
I'll order another agitator to have as a back up, and just assume it's a consumable part..

Thanks again!

Like I said, contact Enviro first, see if they have answers on why a part failed so quickly. They may just replace it.

Reactions: DevinM88 and johneh