Enviro M55C-FS-2 - Not Starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

adane

Feb 6, 2013
This stove has been a gem, with almost 10 years of hassle-free pellet bliss. Unfortunately, the convection blower went bad, and the service guy came and replaced it. It may just be a coincidence but shortly after the stove stopped turning on. I’ve tried several of the suggestions in the manual, but am not sure about where to find the line fuse? Is it just one of the fuses that are all in a line next to eachother (ignitor, convection fan, stirrer, etc) OR is a line fuse something else?

Anybody else run across this issue? Thanks!

What do you mean it won't turn on?
No lights? when you hit the power switch nothing happens?
No combustion fan, auger motor works, ignitor glows?
What if any thing happens?

Nothing happens. Sometimes I hear a clicking sound but no mechanical starts. Fuel type lights does come on but thats it.

Start with the obvious
When was the last full cleaning?
Is the unit on a thermostat? If so turn it up so it calls for heat
all 5 fuses on board tested and good?
Are any lights flashing on the control board?
Check the Hi limit switch (red button push it to see if it resets)

Start with the obvious
When was the last full cleaning?
Is the unit on a thermostat? If so turn it up so it calls for heat
all 5 fuses on board tested and good?
Are any lights flashing on the control board?
Check the Hi limit switch (red button push it to see if it resets)
So I just has it professionally cleaned and a new convection blower installed. I don’t use the thermostat but the box is installed. I tried cycling through the options to see if that was the cause and don’t believe so. I visually tested the fuses but I will test them as well - good suggestion! Finally, yes did try hi limit switch reset without any luck.

new convection blower installed.
When you press the on/off button does the Combustion fan Start?
If it does not come on nothing else will work.
You say the lights come on on the control panel. Are they
just a solid light or do they flash?

Have you checked/tested the 5 fuses on the board?
or your board may have 1 fuse on the board and 5 inline fuses in the main harness
Test the combustion fan/motor blue and black wires from the fan motor (120 volts)
use an old lamp cord to plug into the wall and wires to the end of the cord