Enviro M55C- FS new to me questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

robertw121

Aug 8, 2022
New England, USA
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a lighlty used Enviro M55C free standing. I finally got it installed and working but Im left with a few questions.

Since the stove is new to me I'm curious how loud the convection blower is typically, it seems a little excessive to me but maybe thats normal? I'm considering replacing the bearings.

The agitator seems to make contact just slightly with the burn box in a few locations. Anyone have experience with this issue. I'm tempted to file down the little prongs to stop that from happening.

Also I don't have a thermostat yet, can anyone recommend a millivolt compatible thermostat?

Thanks!!

Reactions: bostonfan49
Welcome to the forum!
If the Agitator has a small carbon build up it can be filed, chipped or ground off
usually caused by a constant low burn. A good hot fire will usually remove it.
All convection fans are noisy on high, it is not so much the motor and fan as it is
the air movement through the heat exchanger . The M55 has a hi. output convection
fan which sounds a little noisier on high than some other stoves
You can use whatever millivolt stat. you like!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a lighlty used Enviro M55C free standing. I finally got it installed and working but Im left with a few questions.

Since the stove is new to me I'm curious how loud the convection blower is typically, it seems a little excessive to me but maybe thats normal? I'm considering replacing the bearings.

The agitator seems to make contact just slightly with the burn box in a few locations. Anyone have experience with this issue. I'm tempted to file down the little prongs to stop that from happening.

Also I don't have a thermostat yet, can anyone recommend a millivolt compatible thermostat?

Thanks!!
Hi Robert! Couple of point… Your burn pot liner fits into the burn pot rather snuggly (at least mine does) to the extent that one end could be raised up ever so slightly, thus making contac! Joneh is correct…occasionally take a file to the ends. He’s also right about the fan noise! The Original fan (another story) was one of the quietest fans around. The replacement fan on setting 3 is not bad at all and moves a lot of air! Setting 4 and 5 does a great job heating a large area if your sitting in a cold room but yes loud! As long as the fan sound is a SMOOTH air sound, I wouldn’t worry about bearings! As far a T-Stats, I use an older Lux TX 9000b. Lux sells a half dozen similar mode at your local hardware store. Mine works great! Other M55 owners may chime in!
Good Luc, Bill

Reactions: robertw121