Enviro Maxx vs Harman Accentra-II Decibel Level Inquiry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jfancher

Jan 12, 2023
Somers, CT
I've been looking at an Enviro Maxx to replace my existing Harman Accentra II stove, but there is one area I cannot find information on with regards to the operating volume. I'm well aware there's no such thing as a quiet pellet stove, and my Accentra II is obnoxiously loud. The stove is cornered in my large open living room and operates in the 76-83 decibel range which is annoying when watching TV. I cannot find a showroom near me that has a Maxx installed to compare. I'm having an addition added to the home and have to reinstall my existing stove anyways, which is why I'm looking at the Maxx.

Is there anyone who owns one or has a good reference of how loud the Maxx is with normal operation? I simply don't want a stove that's louder than my current stove (ideally a little quieter), and it's the perfect time to consider upgrading...I just can't find anyone locally who can attest to the operating decibel level of the Maxx.

I wonder if your Accentra might have a bad fan. At the usual setting on my stove it's 45db and at full speed it's 60db when standing 10 feet in front of the stove.

Reactions: Shank
I wonder if your Accentra might have a bad fan. At the usual setting on my stove it's 45db and at full speed it's 60db when standing 10 feet in front of the stove.
I'm not sure, I measure about 65db 10 ft in front of the stove (running full speed), 75db above it and 80db behind it. Because it's loudest behind the stove, I'm wondering if it's the distribution fan if there is a problem. The stove seems to be operating fine, though. I'm still curious of the comparison to the Enviro Maxx because I'm very interested in the additional BTU, stronger fan, and extra large hopper bin. I heat my whole home with it to avoid using our electric baseboards (2,500 sq. ft.).

The range of 60-70 decibels sound pressure level is about as loud as normal conversation in 1 meter distance.
Your Accentra may need some help, when was last time cleaned convection fan? Would help to know what motor is making your noise, it only has 3.
If you don't like 65db in front of stove, you really will not like the enviro then convection blower goes to high, that stove is 1/3 bigger, 20,000 btu's more.

you really will not like the enviro then convection blower goes to high, that stove is 1/3 bigger, 20,000 btu's more.
And pushes more than 400 cu. ft. of air per minute on high
I can't say if it is loud or not because mine is in the shop which is very nosey any way
But it makes one hell of a lot of heat.

Reactions: Ssyko
my Maxx is 18 ft from my recliner, as it ramps up to high it is louder then i would like to admit but the amount of heat i get from it for the 20 min it runs i can live with it.

Reactions: Mt Bob