Enviro Mini A and thermostat issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonCoast64

Oct 4, 2013
I recently bought a Enviro Mini A pellet stove and it came with no thermostat. I bought a
LUX ATX1500E PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT and after hooking the wires to pellet stove, a white and red one 18x2 to terminals that say red and red instead of white and red? I proceeded to hook the red wire to RH and white to w on thermostat with no luck? Also there is a pin on this particular thermostat you can change plastic pin to gas or electric,does it matter on pellet stove? I apologize for all the questions first time purchasing a pellet stove.
thanks,
Carl

I would put it on gas and make sure it is on RH and W1 .what setting do you have the mini on? the lux says it works on millivoltage and that is what you need.

Gas or electric doesn't matter. Thats for how the fan is controlled on a gas or electric furnace.Doesn't matter for a pellet stove.

.....after hooking the wires to pellet stove, a white and red one 18x2 to terminals that say red and red instead of white and red?.......

HUH?

There are only 2 terminals on the Mini for the stat connection. They go to the W & RH connections on the stat.

Set the stat for heat, set the stove to "auto/off" or "High/Low", push the "on" button on the stove, and increase the temp setting on the stat until it "clicks" and the stove should start up.

Thanks folks for the help and sorry about the confusion too. As i stated first time owning a pellet stove, but got it figured out.

Sounds good.....now, we need to see pics of the stove, or we won't believe you really have one. ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.