Enviro Replacement Igniter Alternative

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LI-Mini-Owner

Nov 22, 2007
Long Island, NY
I've had an enviro mini for almost 10 years, and have gone through 3 igniters. Not really complaining about how long they last, since my long "shoulder" seasons have me running the stove often in the on/off mode vs always-on high/low mode. The price is my concern.

The most recent on-line pricing for a replacement is $170. I was able to find the exact OEM part from Omega for $66. From an old one I filed off the tack-welds on the mounting ring, and for $10 got it tack welded to the new one. Also needed to crimp on spade lugs on the wires. I'm ordering 2 more from Omega and will remove and re-use the mounting rings from the other burnt out ones I saved. This way I'll have two ready to go.

The one on the left is the new one, before I got it tack welded.

20160125_062307(1).jpg

Here is the omega info:
omega.com Model Number CIR-3054/120V
(I had to go to the "order by part number" section to order the 120V version)

It should fit:
  • EF5 (Evolution) (Serial # 10221 and higher)
  • Empress FS
  • Empress FPI
  • Milan
  • Mini
  • Windsor
    Enviro part# 50-619
    Replaces Enviro part# 20-022

I've had an enviro mini for almost 10 years, and have gone through 3 igniters. Not really complaining about how long they last, since my long "shoulder" seasons have me running the stove often in the on/off mode vs always-on high/low mode. The price is my concern.

The most recent on-line pricing for a replacement is $170. I was able to find the exact OEM part from Omega for $66. From an old one I filed off the tack-welds on the mounting ring, and for $10 got it tack welded to the new one. Also needed to crimp on spade lugs on the wires. I'm ordering 2 more from Omega and will remove and re-use the mounting rings from the other burnt out ones I saved. This way I'll have two ready to go.

The one on the left is the new one, before I got it tack welded.

View attachment 173341

Here is the omega info:
omega.com Model Number CIR-3054/120V
(I had to go to the "order by part number" section to order the 120V version)

It should fit:
  • EF5 (Evolution) (Serial # 10221 and higher)
  • Empress FS
  • Empress FPI
  • Milan
  • Mini
  • Windsor
    Enviro part# 50-619
    Replaces Enviro part# 20-022

Great info, thank you very much for sharing. I haven't had to do mine yet, but I dread it because of all the other parts that have to come out to get to the cartridge. Love the fabrication work you did.

I'm on my 6th heating season and the factory igniter is still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.