Enviro Milan Ignitor Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BARTSFAM

Jan 21, 2009
Central MA
This is more me venting and complaining, but I tried for over 2 hours to replace the ignitor in my 2008 Enviro Milan, with no success.
What a horrible design. I hope they have improved the access to the ignitor in the newer models.
I got the bottom screw out no problem. But the top screw is close to a welded on mount for the auger, so there is no room to get a screwdriver, or even a small torx ratchet in there to get the top screw out.
I have seen the video on replacing the ignitor in an Enviro Empress, but it is just not the same access as a Milan. Even if I dropped the auger, the mount for the auger is still in the way, and there is no way to remove the mount. I really wanted to replace this ignitor as I'm tired of lighting the fire in the burn pot manually.
Am I missing a trick, or a proper tool to remove this screw?

The best way I have found is to remove the auger motor
and the auger mount and slide the auger out. Then it is a straight shot to the two screws.

You should be able to remove the auger motor, auger plate with bushing, and auger
this should give you access to the igniter