Envirobrick or Envi 8

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jls667

Jan 5, 2022
Pennsylvania
I'm gearing up for burning season here in PA. Last year I supplemented my cord wood that I scrounge up with some of the compressed wood bricks from Tractor Supply. They weren't bad and were certainly a bit cleaner to work with. I also have the BioBlocks near me but they're nearly double the price of the TS Envirobrick and seemed to burn identically. However, a couple smaller suppliers near me have the Envi 8 bricks, although not yet since it's early.

Has anyone had direct experience burning the Barefoot Envi 8 bricks vs the Tractor Supply Envirobricks? Is the Envi much better or are they similar enough that it's not worth the hassle of hunting them down. I wish I could get the compressed logs that have such a good reputation but I can't get them anywhere near me.

Thanks in advance.

What part of PA? I am just north of Pittsburgh and recently tried both Envirobrick (TS $3.99 ea) and BioBlock (Ace $7.99 ea!). The latter was for convenience and I would never pay that again. Also, the smaller size was not my personal preference.
Yesterday, I picked up a skid of Envirobrick from the dealer in Kittanning for $235 (http://envirobrick.net/dealerloc). I expect that most compressed hardwood would work similarly - no secret sauce that I am aware of.

Density is the difference. A more densely compressed brick will burn longer. Out here TS has been selling Redstones which are ok, but not as densely packed as BioBricks are.

Ive been using a bio block called Gren Energy for the last few years< I get them at a chan called Family Farm supply. $220 a pallet, which is a ton. Very dense and are great during the shoulder season here in Michigan. ILL post a picture in a bit

as good as any Ive used. Id like some of those NIELS blocks but don't know where to go for them

20221023_170428.jpg