Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
Reactions: sloeffle

E Yoder

Minister of Fire
Jan 27, 2017
Floyd, VA
It'll be interesting seeing this move along. So far I haven't seen the EPA get engaged to any significant degree. Maybe that's changing.
It's a complex thing and some media reports can be pretty inaccurate, it can take a good bit of digging to understand.

lampmfg

Burning Hunk
May 16, 2011
Tower, MN
lamppakuuma.com
It'll be interesting seeing this move along. So far I haven't seen the EPA get engaged to any significant degree. Maybe that's changing.
It's a complex thing and some media reports can be pretty inaccurate, it can take a good bit of digging to understand.
From the horse's mouth

"In light of the shortcomings of this test approach, EPA is embarking on a several year process to develop new test methods, including a new method for forced air furnace certification that includes a cold start, cycling of the unit during the testing and conducting a re-loading of fuel during the test run. "

3fordasho

Minister of Fire
Jul 20, 2007
South Central Minnesota
From the horse's mouth

"In light of the shortcomings of this test approach, EPA is embarking on a several year process to develop new test methods, including a new method for forced air furnace certification that includes a cold start, cycling of the unit during the testing and conducting a re-loading of fuel during the test run. "
So does this mean manufacturers are going to have go through the certification process again? Good way to kill of a few more of the limited choices out there :-(

SpaceBus

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2018
Downeast Maine
I'm wondering where this is going too. I'm all for better testing but it all costs money. Maybe they can throw some more stimulus money at it. :)
I think there will be incentives, rebates, and subsidies for any alternatives to fossil fuels.

Reactions: lampmfg