EPA Certification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Reactions: sloeffle
It'll be interesting seeing this move along. So far I haven't seen the EPA get engaged to any significant degree. Maybe that's changing.
It's a complex thing and some media reports can be pretty inaccurate, it can take a good bit of digging to understand.

It'll be interesting seeing this move along. So far I haven't seen the EPA get engaged to any significant degree. Maybe that's changing.
It's a complex thing and some media reports can be pretty inaccurate, it can take a good bit of digging to understand.
From the horse's mouth

"In light of the shortcomings of this test approach, EPA is embarking on a several year process to develop new test methods, including a new method for forced air furnace certification that includes a cold start, cycling of the unit during the testing and conducting a re-loading of fuel during the test run. "

From the horse's mouth

"In light of the shortcomings of this test approach, EPA is embarking on a several year process to develop new test methods, including a new method for forced air furnace certification that includes a cold start, cycling of the unit during the testing and conducting a re-loading of fuel during the test run. "

So does this mean manufacturers are going to have go through the certification process again? Good way to kill of a few more of the limited choices out there :-(

I'm wondering where this is going too. I'm all for better testing but it all costs money. Maybe they can throw some more stimulus money at it. :)

I'm wondering where this is going too. I'm all for better testing but it all costs money. Maybe they can throw some more stimulus money at it. :)
I think there will be incentives, rebates, and subsidies for any alternatives to fossil fuels.

Reactions: lampmfg