EPA tax Credit BS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Great news!

Similarly Turbo Tax is not updated for the EV charging equipment credit. The program takes the data but then imforms the person using the program that the credit is $0. Its actually 30%. Turbo Tax apparently will wait until March to do the update.

I have a $15,000 (2 EV credits )credit for tax year 2021. The EV credits are non refundable. I worked part time last year and money was deducted from my paychecks. Wehn I fill my taxes out if my total tax liability is less than 15K
I believe the credit can be carried over into the next tax year. Please check this. If so, would it be possible to not have taxes withdrawn this year so that the credit can be applied to your 2021 taxes?

I filed online with TurboTax a couple weeks ago and qualified for the full 26% credit on my stove purchase & install from last year. It was one of the options they walk you through in the "Tax Credits" section. It didn't outright say "wood stoves," but it referenced other EPA energy efficient home improvements.